VoLTE for Reliance Jio with the Jio Join App

Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

VoLTE for Reliance Jio with the Jio Join App

I am seeing a few requests for VoLTE on the Robin for Reliance Jio and thought you guys might want to consider this app i have been seeing float around: The Jio Join App (You can download it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jio.join&hl=en )

http://archynewsy.com/jio-join-a%C2%80%C2%93-the-new-volte-revolution/

Let’s say your smartphone is 4G/LTE capable although not VoLTE capable? You’ll have the ability to use 4G/LTE data with no obstruction however, you won’t have the ability to call people in the SIM. Here comes the brilliance of Jio Join application. It allows you are making calls (VoLTE calls) out of your non-VoLTE capable smartphones. In-short Jio Join can make your 4G Smartphone VoLTE Ready. You should use Jio Join to create HD Voice and Video calls.

https://www.quora.com/Are-all-LTE-phones-VoLTE-phones-If-not-how-can-I-spot-a-VoLTE-phone-looking-at...

Convert LTE phones into VoLTE using JIO Join App

There is another way to use your 4G mobile as VOLTE if you are having JIO SIM using their app which provide bypass to phone and allow you to use Voice Call over LTE. Here is the compelete Methologies -

1. Download and install Jio Join application in your android mobile.
  2. Open Jio Join App. You need to allow the app to access your contacts, messages etc in order to work correctly.
  3. Now enter your Jio number and proceed further. It will verify your mobile number. Please note that Jio SIM card is required to use this. Also, make sure that Jio SIM is inserted in your LTE SIM slot.
  4. Complete verification using OTP.
  5. After verification, it will ask your permission to change default calling and message app to Jio Join. It will be better if you give the permission as it will be very easy to initiate a VoLTE call directly from Joi Join app.
  6. Now you are ready to call via VoLTE with Jio network.
  7. The Jio Join application is user-friendly, and you can manage your contacts and messages from Jio Join. You can send or receive messages directly from your Jio Join app

For the more technical people, feel free to read this article on VOLTE enabling (the robin is already VOLTE enabled based on the steps listed here, but feel free to try and feel free to feed back if the article is spot on Smiley Happy I do not have VOLTE so can't test it):

http://www.theandroidsoul.com/how-to-fix-verizon-nexus-6-volte-advanced-callinghd-voice-on-marshmall...

Hope this helps!

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
7 REPLIES
Rebel on the Rise Rebel on the Rise

Re: VoLTE for Reliance Jio with the Jio Join App

Excellent! Thank you! Smiley Very Happy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/collection/Y0E0z
Rebel 3.6

[ Edited ]

From what I know the Jio Join App is routing the call through 4G and is basically more or less like a VoIP call to a Jio number instead of a proper VoLTE call.  And for other numbers it would just dial like it normally does via the dialer app.

I might be wrong here, I haven't got a Jio SIM yet. They are out of SIM cards for now Smiley Sad So can't say  for sure nor test the advanced method you linked.

Rebel 3.0

@vidyesh would have to agree with you in that, I'm currently using a RJio sim in my robin and data works perfect, but no official calling support had to install jio join,although most calls don't work the app does work like VoIP with the data disconnected you can't make or receive calls.

Currently my exams are going on so a bit busy with them, but i plan on posting a full fledged review of the robin with jio sim/network next month possibly a vid if possible Smiley Wink

Proud rebel of India with his spanking new ember.
Rebel 2.8

Hii...Iam facing No service/Emergency Calls only problem  ON new Jio sim.Please kindly help me how to fix it...

Rebel 3.0

@varaprasad128 Thats because you are in probably in 2300MHz coverage which Nextbit robin does not support. Whereas @That_Indian_Gee is probably in 1800MHz coverage so he gets only data going on JIO SIM.

No joy for VoLTE since Robin modem does not have the JIO VoLTE settings. They probably has VoLTE settings included for the US operators though. These are not settings via the menu but, inside the modem software itself and has to be included by the manufacturer and applied via a software update on the phone.

So out of  luck till,  @Khang pushes engineering to roll an update software with the JIO VoLTE settings patch.

They only imported some  3500 phones in India probably more like a sub 1000 would be my guess, rest still on sale at Flipkart and struggling.

Rebel 3.0

UPDATE: VoLTE is now officially supported via the dialer app after the October OTA.

Proud rebel of India with his spanking new ember.
Rebel 2.8

This was prior to the OCT OTA Update(requires Join Jio now Jio4GVoice app for calling) eventhough Robin supports VoLTE. Now with the present Build we dont have to install the Join Jio app for calling, it works well for both data as well as for calls apart from call droppings and call jumpings with respect to other networks. I've been using Jio SIM with my Robin from a couple of months now, which happens to work well Smiley Happy