service centres

SOLVED
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Re: service centres

[ Edited ]

@jasondavidbyrne Urm? *confused* Would you like to share the reason you are finding it ridiculous?

From my understanding, it's impossible to take the robin apart to replace the screen on your own (someone had a thread earlier about being unable to take the caps off because he wanted to custom mod the caps, and to replace the screen you gotta take the device apart). And doing so will definitely void your warranty, no matter which brand you are with.

Even for the big boys, they don't repair your screens on the spot. And that is not to say the amount of time you will have to take to go down to the service centre, take a que number and be told to return days later. At least that is my experience here in Asia. The price they quoted me to replace an ancient note TWO screen a few months back was even higher than what Nextbit quoted. 

Nextbit is a young start up and sending it within the states should be a lot faster and cheaper than us outside of the US who have to send it to the states till a service centre is set up in our continent.

=========================

@CyberNectic Unfortunately, i do not know, and i hope that you will never have the need to visit a service centre cuz you got yourself a perfect robin! ^_^ Haha! To me stepping into a service centre is as painful as stepping into a clinic to see a doctor :x I just don't wanna if i can avoid it :x

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
Rebel 2.6

hi, 

I just ordered my Robin, (Bangalore, India) and based on this thread, now im freaking out. Incase if there is any issues, do i have to ship the phone to US? no other option to get it fixed in india itself?

Rebel 2.6

My USB cable isn't working, or maybe the USB port. I donot have any other type C cable to tesg it. I am from India. What do I do? It'll be inconvenient to ship the cable to SF, also I wouldn't want to spend on something under warranty.
NJ
Rebel 2.4

[ Edited ]
I just received a resolution for the USB issue.

Two options were provided to me by Flipkart (official marketer for Nextbit Robin in India).

1. Return and get complete refund for your phone.

OR

2. Rs. 200 to you Flipkart wallet.(I opted for this and ordered a new MIVI cable, because Nextbit Robin is too awesome to be returned Smiley Wink )

If you had bought this from Flipkart, then you can mail your issue to Flipkart Customer Support at cs@flipkart.com and decide accordingly.

Hope this helps and you remain a rebel !!!