will it work on reliance jio volte network in india ?? voice+ data at the same time

Rebel 3.0

Re: will it work on reliance jio volte network in india ?? voice+ data at the same time

Reliance JIO carrier is 4G but used VoLTE.

Has Nextbit included the VoLTE in the modem patch ? If so it should show IMS settings

The latest firmware that I have is 00WW_1_19F with Baseband Ver- M8992FAAAANAAM

I will need to test it out. Will update in a couple days.

Rebel 3.0

Re: will it work on reliance jio volte network in india ?? voice+ data at the same time

I dont see IMS settings on the phone

Hence probably not enabled in software to support VoLTE

Rebel 3.0

Robin has Band 3 ( 1800MHz) so it will latch to a Band 3 LTE network which RJIO has in some locations.

Since it does not have IMS settings / VoLTE implemented it will not be able to make VoLTE calls on RJIO network. I am not aware that RJIO has implemented CSFB as of now. Circuit switched Fall Back (CSFB) is where the voice call part switches to 3G/ 2G while the data stays on 4G.

I tested the RJIO SIM today on the Robin.

Data - Works fine

Voice - Does not work

Nextbit will need to include the relavent RJIO VoLTE modem patch for the Qualcomm MSM8992 chipset

Krishnan

http://www.deltaphi.in

Rebel 2.6

@deltaphi thanks for the info Smiley Happy 

Rebel 3.6

@deltaphi

From what I've read for the first 3 months the SIM's VoLTE and 'free data' is locked to the LYF handsets, that might be the reason why you aren't able to use it on any other device.

Reliance Digital guys have been saying that post 3 months(after the free usage is over) it could be used on any 4G phone.

Rebel 3.0

@vidyesh  Robin will not work with RJIO voice call ( which needs VoLTE)  with current software. MSM8992 can be upgraded to VoLTE , the capability on the chipset exists. But this will depend on Nextbit chaps.

Data only  it can work.

So this is not a "theory" but a fact.  I just tested this out with RJIO SIM :-)

Rebel 3.6

@deltaphi

I don't want to quote my last reply but what I am trying to say is, you probably aren't getting VoLTE because Reliance has locked the VoLTE to only LYF devices. So whether it be 'theoretically' or 'practically', you will not be able to use VoLTE on any other device apart from LYF.  Or have you found a way to bypass it? 

I don't know if VoLTE is enabled for Indian bands or not by nextbit but that all is irrelevant discussion until there actually is a SIM that supports VoLTE for devices apart from LYF.

Rebel 3.0

@vidyesh 

1. The Reliance JIO SIM that I am using is not locked . Thats a confirm. If it was indeed locked, it wouldnt have allowed me to browse data on a non LYF brand phone. It wouldnt be locked only for VoLTE since only Reliance JIO is offereing VolTE and no other operator has VoLTE. All others offer CSFB not VoLTE. 

2. VoLTE is not really about the band alone. It is about being able to push voice via a packet connection as opposed to a regular circuit switched connection as in 3G / 2G

3. Robin with its current software does not support VoLTE since Nextbit has not included the VoLTE patch for the qualcomm modem. The MSM 8992 itself is capable of VoLTE when the associated patch is applied. 

Rebel 3.0

What I made out was that VoLTE support seems to be there but, the Reliance JIO ( RJIO)  settings are most possibly not there on this software. Hence not able to do Voice on the RJIO network.

@kay_nextbit : My company can help test if you can ask someone from your test team to give me an email please. I have the hardware with me.

Rebel 2.6

I'm using reliance jio sim in nextbit robin. I can only access 4g data. No volte calling. Yeah we can install jio jion to make call. But I'm facing one issue tested with 4 other sims. I'm not able to make call on jio to jio. And for other networks it works like charm.