Bought a Lemon?

Rebel 2.6

Bought a Lemon?

Hi all!  Have had my Robin since Christmas and have nothing but problems.  Out of the box it was brilliant, but after about 2 weeks the finger print sensor would freeze; rendering the screen black and necessitating a re-boot.   After I disabled that and went only with a pin code I started to get the same issue just randomly using the phone.  Fast forward to now and I get a black screen at least 3-4 times a day.  The "hold down finger sensor whilst holding volume up" re-boot option no longer works either.  To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.  I love Kickstarter and love Nextbit, but this phone (mine personally) is an absolute POS.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Re: Bought a Lemon?

It seems you have some kind of hardware problem. I can only recommend you to contact support at help.nextbit.com to see if they can get a RMA device for you.

D
Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!
Rebel 3.2

NickCave wrote:

Hi all!  Have had my Robin since Christmas and have nothing but problems.  Out of the box it was brilliant, but after about 2 weeks the finger print sensor would freeze; rendering the screen black and necessitating a re-boot.   After I disabled that and went only with a pin code I started to get the same issue just randomly using the phone.  Fast forward to now and I get a black screen at least 3-4 times a day.  The "hold down finger sensor whilst holding volume up" re-boot option no longer works either.  To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.  I love Kickstarter and love Nextbit, but this phone (mine personally) is an absolute POS.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Don't hold your breath.. I will be on my 3rd Robin when and if they decide to send one to me. I was told mid feb to early march maybe for my replacement. Not too happy or excited right now... That is why I've posted negative comments recently...

Rebel 3.2

david wrote:
It seems you have some kind of hardware problem. I can only recommend you to contact support at help.nextbit.com to see if they can get a RMA device for you.

D

Don't hold your breath.. I will be on my 3rd Robin when and if they decide to send one to me. I was told mid feb to early march maybe for my replacement. Not too happy or excited right now... That is why I've posted negative comments recently...

Rebel 2.6

Cheer gents!  I've sent "help" an email so will await their reply and advice.

Will keep this thread up to date in the event that someone else has a similar issue.