Connecting phone to a mac

SOLVED
Rebel 3.0

Connecting phone to a mac

[ Edited ]

I am having trubble connecting my robin to my macbook. I have downloaded android file transfer, but it does not detect the robin. I have set the usb debbuging and the usb protocol to Media transfer, and yet nothing happens. Does anyone know to fix this? (I don't have keis installed)

Thanks.

16 REPLIES
Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

Re: Connecting phone to a mac

yDaniel98 wrote:

I am having trubble connecting my robin to my macbook. I have downloaded android file transfer, but it does not detect the robin. I have set the usb debbuging and the usb protocol to Media transfer, and yet nothing happens. Does anyone know to fix this? (I don't have keis installed)

Thanks.

When you connect, does "Robin Tools" pop up on your desktop?

#NextNow
Rebel 3.0

[ Edited ]

Khang wrote:

yDaniel98 wrote:

Thanks.

When you connect, does "Robin Tools" pop up on your desktop?

No, nothing happends. The robin just starts charging and that's it.

@Khang

Rebel 3.0

Ok. It just worked all of the sudden without me touching the phone at all. I just left it connected for about 30 mins.

Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

[ Edited ]

Hey @yDaniel98

I am a creator of a root tool for Robin with Mac OS X. The. Only way I have found to connect it is by following these steps:

To have the device connect to the computer you have to set it to USB debugging and also go to Developer Options>Networking>Select USB Configuration and set it to "Charging Only"

I do not work for Nextbit; I am an expert on the product though. PM if needed.

Contact me through PM if I am needed.

Rebel 3.0

Baymax wrote:

Hey @yDaniel98

I am a creator of a root tool for Robin with Mac OS X. The. Only way I have found to connect it is by following these steps:

To have the device connect to the computer you have to set it to USB debugging and also go to Developer Options>Networking>Select USB Configuration and set it to "Charging Only"

That does not seem to work for me. When it worked earlier I got a notification that allowed me to set the phone for file transfer. Any ideas about why it's so inconsistent?

@Baymax

i have no clue bud

@yDaniel98

Rebel 3.0

I deleted my previous post, because I figured out a way to make it work. It's simple. Just go to developer options. Click on 'Select USB configuration' and then select 'MTP'. It should go back to 'Charging only', but it will switch back to 'MTP' on it's own. This only works if 'MTP' is set even after rebooting.

Rebel 3.0

And yet again, it stops working. I no longer know what to do. It sometimes works, other times (usually) it does not. I really need it to be consistent, because I working on becoming an android developer...

@Khang

If you'd like me to, I can help you out via teamviewer later.  @yDaniel98

I do tech support for a living.