04-19-2016 06:00 AM
Crap! I totally forgot to get on teamviewer last night @yDaniel98
My apologies. Working long hours gets to me sometimes.
Contact me through PM if I am needed.
04-19-2016 04:49 PM - edited 04-19-2016 04:49 PM
Dont worry. After all, you are the one helping me out. Just tell me when you are available and I will PM you my Team Viewer info.
04-23-2016 07:50 PM
I almost forgot to post the solution. I should note that I have no idea why it worked, but it did.
I made a partition in my computer's memory. Then I installed a separate version of OSX. When I booted to that partition the Robin connected flawlessly. I thought that it would only work in the partition I created, however, when I booted back to the default partition, the Robin connected.
For perspective, here is a list of the things I tried before I got it to work:
- Fast booting the Robin.
- Rebooting the Robin.
- Wiping the cache of the Robin.
- Restarting my computer.
- Clearing the SMC and NVRAM of the computer.
- Turning on usb debugging.
- Switching between usb modes in developer options.
- Probing the usb ports in my computer (software).
- Disconnecting and connecting the usb several times out of pure frustration.
- Connecting the Robin to another computer (it connected).
- Uninstalling Android file transfer and reinstalling it.
Hopefully one of these things will work if someone has this problem in the future.
05-06-2016 10:59 AM
So each time I want the phone to connect to Android File Transfer:
- I connect the cable to the phone and computer,
- enable usb debugging
- re-select MTP (as it's most likely changed to Charging Only) from the USB Configuration (on the notifactions if you've enabled USB Debugging).
[you can keep USB debugging on in future to save a step if you're ok with that]
That seems to be the most consistent workaround for me until @Khang and the team figure out if this is consistently happening with people's Robins (at least with Macs?)
03-13-2017 08:28 AM
I know I'm late to the game, but none of the solutions here worked for me.
Thought I would share my solution after I finally got it working, for anyone stumbling across this thread in the future.
The main issue here is NOT the phone, at least in my case: it's the USB cable. When using the cable that came with the phone, computers recognize the Robin intermittently at best (Tried this on 3 different Macs and 3 Windows PCs).
Solution: Clean the USB contacts (male end) by rubbing them with your shirt / cloth. There's a film over them from the factory that prevents a quality connection.
I know this sounds stupid, but try it. It instantly worked for me after hours of headache. I stumbled across this from a different thread - it also fixes charging issues. I have to do this almost every time I use the cord.
Environment: I have USB debugging disabled, phone is in file transfer (MTP) mode, using Android File Transfer.