Defective Sim card

Rebel 2.8

Defective Sim card

[ Edited ]

Hey Kay, your awesome support at US may not be able to help me with awesomely defective Sim card not detected issue with my Robin phone. Can they? I'm frustrated now after replacing 2 simcards and the issue persists. Still, no service center to go to in bangalore...... It's more than 2 months I bought this phone and less than 25days I could use it and then all of a sudden it can find network. Realized the Sim card not detected, worked for sometime and then back to square one... Kindly suggest some help...

4 REPLIES
Highlighted
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Re: Defective Sim card

@Mynextbit 

A few questions Smiley Happy

1. May i know if your new simcards were originally nano sized? or was it cut down to size. If it was cut down to size, some issues may occur, hence, get your carrier to give you a proper nano sized card rather than giving you a cut down to size one

2. There is a possibility that the card tray is loose, hence the connections is not tight which might explain the sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't issue. Have you tried taking out the card, and putting it back into the tray and ensuring the tray is pushed in fully?

3. Have you tried booting into safe mode to test this? If your simcard works in safe mode (network + sim card detected) it might be an app that is messing with your network. You might want to go through your app list to check apps that have access to your network and uninstall them

4. Last option (mainly because it requires you to back up all your stuff), if you got your phone off flipkart, quickly contact them to check on the next steps for you to take regarding this

Hope one of the options help you Smiley Happy

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
Rebel 2.8

@Paradox,

Sorry, I think I replied to you on the previous thread.

Really appreciate the replies and for moving my post to this thread. Now...
1: my Sim was already a Nano sim. My previous phone was LTE phone with only Nano Sim card slot. So not an issue with Sim size.
2.My old Sim of course had a little play in the slot, the same is with the new Sim too.
3 . I have tried reseting the network settings but with no success. My Robin still says insert Sim.. 😢
So what next... Please help!
Rebel 2.8

So, that's it is it? No solution for my problem? Now my Robin is just a toy that connects with Internet. All because you don't have a service center in bangalore and nobody has a solution for this problem. I'm disappointed with the service and product. Though I love the phone itself, the issue kills the device.... Not a good thing for Nextbit brand.!!
Rebel 2.8

None solved my problem, no replies received for the my concern list my last reply...