HELP ! Cant manage robin files on PC

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rebel 2.6

HELP ! Cant manage robin files on PC

So i plugged in my robin to the pc and 2 things showed up which is 'Robin' which is an empty folder and you cant copy anything or do anything to it and 'CD Drive Robin tools' with a setup which does nothing ? and a usb driver that you cant istall correctly because it said that nexbit android usb.inf fail element not found, what should i do ? helpp

28 REPLIES
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Re: HELP ! Cant manage robin files on PC

Do you have USB debugging enabled in developer settings?

Want to be part of the team? Find out how: https://programs.nextbit.com.

I have had the same problem and someone mentioned to me that you have to:

1. pull down your notifications tray
  2. select the "USB for"
  3. Choose "Transfer files (MTP)" option

Robin doesn't remember this option so everytime you connect your phone to the pc and want to transfer files to or from the robin, you have to do that.

Hope it helps Smiley Happy

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
Rebel 2.6

i just knew you that you have to do that stuff on the notification setting first, thanks for the help

You are most welcome, @themavs2! Glad i could help ^_^

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
Rebel 3.2

Paradox wrote:

I have had the same problem and someone mentioned to me that you have to:

1. pull down your notifications tray
  2. select the "USB for"
  3. Choose "Transfer files (MTP)" option

Robin doesn't remember this option so everytime you connect your phone to the pc and want to transfer files to or from the robin, you have to do that.

Hope it helps Smiley Happy

This solution didnt help me... windows keeps saying it wont recognize it

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

You might need to update the Google USB and ADB interface drivers. Go to Device Manager in Windows (if you are using Windows). Then go to Android if it sees it. It may have a yellow triangle. Go to Update Driver and search locally on your computer. Then look for Google ADB Composite driver. That might help!

Also did you do this:

1. Go to Settings > About Phone
  2. Tap on Build Number 7 times to be a developer
  3. Tap on Developer Options
  4. Got to Developer options and enable Enable USB Debugging
  5. Try to access your phone via changing the notification to Transfer Files.

#NextNow
Rebel 3.2

This community is really great...always find right answer.

Having old phone for so long (3 years) I completely forgot what to do...he he. 

After five days owning Robin I now really have to put some music on.

Many thanx @Paradox and @Darragh!

Rebel 2.6

@Khang Thanks for all your good work . I use Vysor and Robin can not DO run on a PC . Until yesterday I Got a Nexus 5 and all was well . Today I femro . Come You Can SEE In the photo above device Android and Nexus 5 and " Composite ADB Inteface " Android , Under The Robin holds " ADB Interface " Come Can Solve ? Vysor not Come see a device ... THANK YOU !!!!!
Rebel 3.0

Hi guys,

Is there any chance that you might post drivers for Robin up here? I cannot access my Robin on my Windows 10, it only shows the "Robin Tools" drive, but when I try to open it, it takes ages to open and never does eventually. When trying to access it on Linux (Xubuntu 14.10 LTS) I am able to access the Robin Tools drive and files, but the setup thing is dedicated for Windows, so then I try and transfer it using pendrive to Windows... And then when I try to copy files from pendrive to Windows I get a prompt saying that a file is broken... About every file on Robin Tools. Please, help me out with this, I love my phone but I'd love it to work properly, too :-(