HELP ! Cant manage robin files on PC

SOLVED
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Re: HELP ! Cant manage robin files on PC

[ Edited ]

hey guys,

i am not a technical person so i am not sure if any of the below works (but it can;t hurt to try and let us know if any of them solves the problem? Smiley Tongue). I know that topic is for a samsung, but since Samsung also runs on anroid, i suppose it might help?

p/s: The robin drivers that came with my phone doesn't open and seems to be faulty as well, but i didn;t need to install drivers for my file transfer to work.

Taken from:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-ii-epic-4g-touch/217102-unable-connect-phone-via-us...

Summary of page of things you can try to see what the problem is:

1. Make sure the USB debugging is not enabled.
    Go to “Settings” -> “Applications” -> “Development” and disable USB debugging option

2. Check that the cable (if you are not using the robin cable) allows data transfer (try it with other phones) / check that the cable or the adapter you are using is working

3. connect the phone thru usb
    go to Device Manager 
    look in Portable Devices for the robin
    click on robin
    Go to Driver
    click Update Driver
    click Browse my computer for driver software
    click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
    click Mobile MTP Device
    click Next

4. try using the back USB ports on the CPU instead of the front ports/ports from lcd screens etc if you are using a PC.

Hope one of these helps.

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
Rebel 1.2

I was also having problems getting my lovely robin to work with my Windows 10 pc, ( could not install the driver, error message saying: "....... music_android_usb.inf fail. element not found " )

So I tried right clicking on the driver, clicked on properties, clicked compatability tab, ticked the "Run this program in compatability mode for" with the option "previous versions of windows" (that was my only choice)

and the installation went through!

Hope this helps anyone else with the same error message! 

@MintyNinja Oh! that is a cool hack!

3 weeks back, Khang did post a link to download drivers as well (http://community.nextbit.com/t5/Tools/Robin-USB-drivers/m-p/13513#M137) I am not sure if these are updated drivers or if they are the old ones, but your hack sure is useful! ^_^

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
Rebel 2.8

I will try that. My wife has been telling me that if I can't get WiFi calling on phone soon that I may need to go back to carrier and get a phone that does. Where I work their is no Cellular connection just wifi and I work 12 hours with no connection to the outside. Incoming Cellular calls to my phone is lost because my phone does not see the transfer from Cellular to wifi. No wifi calling.
Rebel 1.2

I've tried every trick, downloaded drivers multiple times, and still cannot get the drivers to install. i'm running Windows 8. Help?

Rebel 2.6

HI, I have ordered a qualcomm quick charge 2.0 adapter but it was showing slow charging even with that. Then i connected my nextbit robin to my laptop to transfer media but then again my robin just starts charging directly, but it worked perfectly fine few days ago. It does not ask anything in the pull down notification bar. Tried disabling USB debugging in developers menu also. selected MTP but still didn't worked for me. Even did a factory reset but again same thing robin starts charging when connected to PC but my PC does not detect it.
Rebel 2.6

I have the same problem. Are we ever getting a solution? Anybody? 

@Roctavious even without the drivers, you should be able to connect the robin to your computer Smiley Happy have you tried that? does it work? To me, the drivers are like a security blanket kinda thing Smiley Happy

@rohit9 Have you tried charging with other cables? Does it work?

Rebel 2.8

hey everyone,

I've been trying to connect my new robin to my laptop which runs on Windows 8  but unable to do so. Every time I try to connect it shows up as robin tools and tried evering that is suggested in the forum but haven't got any luck. 

P.S My device connects normally to my PC which runs on windows 7.

Rebel 1.2

Thank you paradox - step 3 worked brilliantly for me!