Home button and Phone stopped working

Rebel 3.0

Home button and Phone stopped working

I was just getting ready to check Twitter, and i noticed my phone said I had 2 missed calls. I tapped on the notification, and nothing happened. I opened the phone app, and it gave me the "Return to call in progress" screen. There was no in-progress call. I tapped on it, nonetheless, and the Phone app crashed back to the Home screen. When opening the Phone app, it continues to do the same thing. And the only way to get back to my Home screen is to click on "Return to call in progress" and crash out Phone. 

Clicking on the Home circle does nothing. I can click no the recent apps button and back button, and they do what they are supposed to do. But Home does nothing.

I had to restart the phone to get it to do anything resembling normal operation.

Has anyone else seen this?

@Khang @_kay_

Cheers

ck
11 REPLIES
Rebel on the Rise Rebel on the Rise

Re: Home button and Phone stopped working

Is it working for you now? Thank you for reporting the incident.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/collection/Y0E0z
Rebel 3.0

It is working right now, but I had to restart the device to get it working. I have never seen it unresponsive to the Home button before and have never had a phone (android or otherwise) that the Phone app didn't just work.

Cheers

ck

Great it is working, wonderful! Yeah...Android software can have a mind of its own sometimes. Welcome to your first glitch (based on your comments of never having a phone that doesn't "just work"). Kay or Khang will hopefully read this and pass it on to the software team.

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

Let me know if you experience that again!

#NextNow
Rebel 3.0

This is not my first glitch, by any means. I have had the Robin since the beginning, so I have definitely put it through its paces. I have had dozens of Android phones, and the odd iPhone once in a while. But this is the first time that Nextbit Home has gone wonky, and the first time the Phone app has done anything other than work (though it could use some features, for sure...)

Cheers

ck

@ckemp Ah sorry for the misunderstanding. Hope there's no salt between us.

Rebel 3.0

Hah., no worries. Smiley Happy

Cheers

ck
Rebel 2.6

Hello I am experiencing the same problem. My Nextbit was working just fine then all of a sudden the home button would vibrate but nothing would happen. I have not downloaded any apps that may have caused the system to crash I have had the same apps since I first bought the phone. Also when I try to drag my top menu down to change the brightness or auto lock the rotation on the phone it only lets me drag the menu down once to see my notifications but not the additional settings. I have never had an android before so I'm not sure what to do, also I have turned my phone on and off maybe 10 times in the past 24 hours. Please someone help me!

Rebel 3.0

See if installing a different launcher fixes the issue. Nova launcher works fine in my experience.