Lineage 14.1 install issue

Rebel 2.6

Lineage 14.1 install issue

Hello,

I've try to install the new lienage os on my brand new nextbit robin.

Using this wiki : http://wiki.lineageos.org/ether_install.html#installing-lineageos-from-recovery

Adb is on the computer and the transfert of the file to the phone in directory /sdcard went done no trouble.

But when I' coming into the recovery mode i don't find the step from number 5 to the 9

(Optional, but recommended): Select the Backup button to create a backup.
Select Wipe and then Factory Reset.
Select Install.
Navigate to /sdcard, and select the LineageOS .zip package.

The recovery menu doesnt show them

I've only apply update from ADB or SD card.

From ADB it start a new donwloading of the file and stop it at 47% (signature failed)

When I try from sdcard it says (failed to mount /sdcard (no such file or directory)

I've also try Mount /system and also with a file directory program create a sub directory /sdcard from the main structure and placed it the .zip file but no result on my sdcard directory issue (same error)

Anyone could help me?

Many thanks from Belgium Smiley Happy

6 REPLIES
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Re: Lineage 14.1 install issue

Have you installed twrp recovery?
Want to be part of the team? Find out how: https://programs.nextbit.com.
Rebel 2.6

No, they don"t speak about TWRP on the install wiki page of lineage.

Could you please give a link where I can find a tutorial for TWRP?

In order to install TWRP, download this .img file: https://dl.twrp.me/ether/twrp-3.0.3-0-ether.img.html

Then, reboot your Robin into bootloader (Vol down + power, fastboot), connect it to your computer and in a command prompt run the following command: fastboot -i 0x2c3f flash recovery filename.img (change "filename" for the name of the file you downloaded)

Also, I have to say when I tested Lineage OS, updates weren't working with TWRP, and it caused a bootloop (first install works ok). I don't know if this was solved in twrp 3.0.3 update yesterday. If you try to update and it works, I'd appreciate it if you let us know.

Good luck with LinOS!

D
Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!
Rebel 2.6

Hello,

I will try your help now Smiley Happy Thanks you!

Is that necessary to keep TWRP on the phone after the install of Lineage?

@mywayfr in customs roms it's usally necessary to keep it, as you will want to install updates or mods with it. In this case, until TWRP starts working with Lineage updates, it's not necessary. But going back to stock recovery won't be a game changer, I'd keep TWRP
Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!
Rebel 2.6

I'm not of trouble...

I'm in dev mode with usb debbuging on

When I connect the usb cable from the phone to the computer, it's been recognize.

So I reboot it to the bootloader and see upscreen left light message fastboot mode;

But the phone disappear from the computer, no more usb connexion !

And the terminal with the fastboot command says < waiting for any device >

Try to go to the recovery... no connexion at all...

The only way to have a connexion with the computer is choosing "apply update from ADB"

But the terminal with the fastboot command doesn't found the phone, still waiting for any device message.

When I try to use the adb sideload comand to send the TWRP.img I have the error message

- E: footer is wrong

- E: signature verification failed

Any thought ?