MMS Poor Picture Quality

SOLVED
Rebel 2.8

MMS Poor Picture Quality

Hello.

After updating lastest beta Nougat, the picture quality is really bad that sent through preinstalled Messeging app. I already cleared the cache and data of the app, it didn't change anything. There was no issue on Marshmallow. I'm pretty sure as I'm sending a photo through MMS everyday.

I think someone is suffering from the same issue with me.

-> https://community.nextbit.com/t5/Other/Re-MMS-Image-Quality-Issues/m-p/39996#M1672

+ Even though I'm a beta tester, I didn't receive any notice to enter the forum for beta testers. How can I enter that place?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES
Rebel 2.8

Re: MMS Poor Picture Quality

I'm having the same issue too. I came here looking for a solution.

Rebel 2.8

I'm having the same issue, it's really frustrating. Any word on this? The quality was reduced and now is terrible any time I try to text them.
Rebel 1.0

I am having the exact same problem.  The phone is definitely over compressing photos that I send out.  I can receive images just fine, but texting them produces horrible results.  It does not seem to matter which texting app is used.  This seems to be something coming from the underlying system.  I cannot find any settings that would cause this though.

Rebel 2.8

Any update on a solution for this? I'm also having the same problem with images being overcompressed when I send them. 

Rebel 2.6

Hey guys, I found a work around..

If you download the app called Textra and then within the MMS settings set the carrier limit to unlimited, the photos you send will not be compressed.

Let me know if this helps/works (I have been using Textra and it works)
Rebel 2.8

looks like it works! Thanks!