Nextbit Robin Bug Reports

Rebel 3.0

Nextbit Robin Bug Reports

[ Edited ]

I would like for this to be the main thread for anyone with a Robin to report bugs for the nextbit team to tackle and hopefully include fixes in the next OTA or the one after. I think a simple format we should follow is: 

Build Number: (There was an OTA at robin launch and maybe some of you didn't update)

Description of bug: (Describe the weird behavior or force close that happened)

Steps to reproduce: (Recommended you outline the steps that it took to reproduce the bug)

Attach any images or videos of the bug occuring if possible to help further our efforts in catching and fixing these bugs.

If the bug is related to an application, please try to include what version of the app you have installed as well. 

First post the bug with the template above and then we can see if that happens to others

53 REPLIES
Rebel 3.0

Re: Nextbit Robin Bug Reports

Gallery force close bug:

Build Number: 00WW_1_19E

Description of bug: Gallery app Force closes after recording my screen using "Rec." app version 1.8.3

Steps to reproduce: I tap the recording in notification drawer to play the video, it opens nextbit's gallery application and force closes without playing the recorded screen video

Rebel 3.0

@LiquidShadowFox: Have you tried opening the video from the gallery app, rather than the notification? Do you get the same result?

Rebel 3.0

Yes I have tried, the video plays fine if played from within the nextbit gallery app
Rebel 3.2

Nextbit scroll issue

Has anyone else that received their robin noticed the scrolling seems to be a little off.  It isn't really a stutter while scrolling but more of a speed change, like sometimes it will drop to half the scrolling speed and then suddenly back to normal.  Kinda weird but mine has been doing this.

Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Please @frch0603, use the template above to report a bug, so other users are able to try to reproduce the bug.
Thanks

D.
Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!
Rebel 3.0

I haven't documented it here, but if you scroll the notification drawer and the scroll the notification tiles down and up several times I notice a studder in the UI, it's a small bug but not sure if its just performance improvements that need to be done to the UI
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Yeah, maybe all the lag problems and smoothness problems will be solved when optimizing the SW

D.
Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!
Rebel 3.2

david wrote:
Yeah, maybe all the lag problems and smoothness problems will be solved when optimizing the SW

D.

Ya I'd say it is more of a smoothness problem, it isn't lag like it has to stop and process quick, just a weird changing of speeds of the scroll.

Rebel 3.2

[ Edited ]

Also, another thing I randomly noticed, I was rubbing my robin screen on my bed sheets to clean off fingerprints, and my finger happened to be placed directly between the camera lens and the flash (making contact with both) and the static electricity generated from rubbing the screen on my sheets shot right through the phone and gave me a pretty good but not harmful shock.  So people can give that a try haha