Nextbit Robin Bug Reports

kvn
Rebel 3.0

Re: Nextbit Robin Bug Reports

Build: 00WW_1_19E

Description: Doesn't reboot with power+volume for 10 secons
Steps to reproduce: Holding the power button down for several seconds gives a message that to reboot you need to hold power and the volume up for 10 seconds. Despite experimenting with different orders of pressing buttons, it just never seems to work ... instead I just manually turn it off, and then turn it back on again.

Any advice appreciated. And lots of love.

kvn
Rebel 3.0

[ Edited ]

Build Number: 00WW_1_19E

Description of bug: Video / audio out of sync on browsers

Steps to reproduce: Watching a video on Chrome and also the LastPass browser (the only two I've tried), the audio and video are very out of sync. It doesn't happen on my much more weakly powered old phone ... seems to be okay within apps including YouTube. I've tried a variety of websites, but typically try it with the BBC.

Lots of love.

Rebel 2.8

Slower is very kind of you. It's incredibly slow!!! With my Nexus 6P, it reaches 150Mb/s. With the Robin, It's not more than 50Mb/s.

I don't know if it's really related to the 808 (you're probably right as it contains the modem), but it's a pity to have a very slow Wifi chip!

Rebel 2.8

I noticed a bug that I don't have on my Nexus 6P : in the contacts app, the gmail contacts and whatsapp contacts are not merged. On my Nexus 6P, the merge was automatic.

Do you guys noticed that bug?

Thanks for your answers.

Rebel 2.6

I agree with the Wifi problems. I bought this not to use as a phone, but to use exclusively on wifi and i can barely use it. The videos load as if it's 1998 and i'm using a 2400 baud modem.  I thought it was my router at first, but all other devices including old generation ipod touches, laptops, etc run fine and kill on the Ookla speed tests, but Robin has low range and starts every test at around 1 Mpbs for 3 seconds before it ramps up to a faster speed (but nowhere near the max speed of any other device.

I'll likely be returning this is if it's possible, unless it can be fixed through a software update.

Rebel 2.8

OTA applied

I have an odd issue with cellular and data connectivity (on US Mobile). After about five minutes the phone loses connectivity and in order to get it back I have to restart.
Rebel 1.2

Build Number: 00WW_1_19E

Description of bug: Phone restarts randomly

I noticed my phone will restart periodicly through out the day.  It becomes frustrating when I am on a phone call or typing a message and then I see the nextbit splash screen.  Also it can be sitting on my desk and when I pick up the phone it will say you can not use the fingerprint scanner when it is restarted so I know it is happening while idle.  This happens 6 or more times a day.

Is there a way to see what might be causing restarts?

Rebel 3.2

Build Number: 00WW_1_119F (March OTA update)

Description of bug: during the use of some app (it isnt always the same one, could be in a game, or the other day it was while using the playstation app, the other time it was when I was using the starbucks app), the phone will slow down and then reboot. When its done booting up, it will not see ANY wifi networks. The fix to this is to reboot into recovery, clear cache, then reboot. Then it will see wifi networks again and connect 

Steps to reproduce: Cant say a specific way to reproduce this. It happens when im "intensily" using an app and then the phone slows down, you can feel it heat up during this "intense" usage and then it just reboots. The only constant is that after this reboot occurs from a crash, it will not see wifi networks at all and needs a clearing of cache in order to work properly again. (and by clearing of cache I mean in recovery as the Robin does not let you do this in storage menu like other android phones). When I say "intense" I cant specify that exactly either, but for example the starbucks often has trouble finding a location for me (I think this is an issue when wifi is off and its only using cell location, havent tested this a lot to be sure). I will clear the app's cache, exit the app, turn off location, turn it back on, sign out, sign back in, reinstall, go through several menu options like store locator and then boom, it crashes and reboots. Or when I was using the playstation app, I was adding the fre games of the month for plus members to the cart, clicking continue shopping, go back to the list, add the other game, click continue shopping, back to list and repeat..for every ps4, ps3 and vita game..so it had about 9 or 10, then it got slow, overheated, crashed and rebooted. No wifi again. This has also happened when I was recording witht he camera for 30 minutes and the phone heated up, rebooted and then again, could not see any wifi ssids.

Perhaps the heating issues they are addressing in the April OTA will solve this, but I figured it was worth mentioning it.

Never Argue with an idiot...they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience!!!
[URL=http://s295.photobucket.com/user/harpocrates23/media/historyofphones-2016_zpsnqrpcqnn.jpg.html][IMG]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm122/harpocrates23/historyofphones-2016_zpsnqrpcqnn.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Rebel 3.0

@Khang @Nextbit_Admin

Hi team - just wanted to report some post April Bugs. 

1) Gallery app: consistent crashing and does not start 

2) Headphone Jack: Cannot hear or use auxilary headset when using the phone application. 

Early Electric Backer GSM | Toronto, Canada
Rebel 1.0

I have the same issue. The volume is all the way down but still its waaay too high.