No matter what, can't see files in Windows 10.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rebel 3.0

No matter what, can't see files in Windows 10.

[ Edited ]

Was working fine until today.  I recently had to reload Windows 10, maybe something happened?  I hooked up phone to the computer (using different cables and ports, always same result!), and it won't show any files on the Nextbit.  I reinstalled the drivers with the link found here.....you can open Windows explorer and it will show the Nexbit portion that has the drivers (It says CD Drive H Robin Tools, but it WILL NOT show the actual files I have saved on it.  Please help!!!

And EVERY TIME I hook it to the computer, it gives me the option of 'Transfer files via USB' and I choose 'Ok', but it WILL NOT show in explorer.

7 REPLIES
Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

Re: No matter what, can't see files in Windows 10.

[ Edited ]

Hey there, 

When you plug in the phone and go to Windows > Device Manager, do you see Portable Devices > Robin?

Capture.PNG

#NextNow
Rebel 3.0

No, it shows it as MTP with an orange triangle.  I have tried to 'Update Drivers' won't let me.  I have 'Uninstalled' and tried to start from scratch, no go.  Makes no sense, because I hooked to my Windows 10 laptop a moment ago, and I didn't even install drivers and it showed as Robin in the Windows Explorer WITHOUT the drivers.  But on my Desktop, it will only show the Robin Tools in Windows Explorer no matter what.

JRS7 wrote:

No, it shows it as MTP with an orange triangle.  I have tried to 'Update Drivers' won't let me.  I have 'Uninstalled' and tried to start from scratch, no go.  Makes no sense, because I hooked to my Windows 10 laptop a moment ago, and I didn't even install drivers and it showed as Robin in the Windows Explorer WITHOUT the drivers.  But on my Desktop, it will only show the Robin Tools in Windows Explorer no matter what.

Ahhh I see. I think that might be the problem there. Can you please try to download the Google USB drivers from here to see if that helps? https://developer.android.com/studio/run/win-usb.html

#NextNow
Rebel 3.0

No good either.  Downloaded the Google drivers, extracted them.  Went back and reinstalled the Nextbit drivers, then to device manager, clicked on the MPT with the orange triangle and said to 'update driver'.  Browse my computer back to the saved Google files.  There are 2 folders 'amd64' and 'i386'.  Tried it with both, and neither will work.

Rebel 3.0

Got it!!!  Went back in and told it to 'update driver', picked 'browse my computer', but this time chose 'let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer'.  When I chose that, it came up with a box that showed 2, MPT Device (didn't work) and MPT USB Device and clicked on that one and it installed and the Robin popped up right away on the screen!!  Woohoo, thanks for the help!

Niiiice! Smiley Happy

#NextNow
Rebel 3.0

Wow.Had the same issue.Did as you wrote and it worked.Thanks