Robin Won't Boot After Update

Rebel 2.8

Robin Won't Boot After Update

did the update today. went to stock recovery. little robot and everything. got about 1/4 of the way and went to stock recovery menu. wiped data and cache thinking that it had finished the update. now i have a robin that won't boot. i did not wipe system.  not that noobish. but the phone will not boot now. any thoughts on how to get it back up and running?

12 REPLIES
Rebel on the Rise Rebel on the Rise

Re: Robin Won't Boot After Update

It's seems to be a problem while updating, but I may be wrong. @david can you provide some more technical info.?

Join the force! ->https://programs.nextbit.com/

Dancing cat approves!
rw
Rebel 3.0

volume down + power. its bootloader. can you put it into bootloader mode ? if yes, download the dexter's stuff for robin, the boot.img
flash the boot in bootloader mode.
Rebel 2.8

I had the same problem, read your information on the bootloader and done a restart. So far working. It's now optimizing apps. Might need to address this to the Nextbit team that they may have issues with latest update and that people may be doing some serious complaining.

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

All you'll need to do it sounds like is to reflash the stock image. I think you accidentally canceled the flashing process while going into recovery. So just go to fastboot and reflash the lastest factory image. You'll be fine.

#NextNow
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

@lordlittlebrook did it go into recovery mode automatically? Or it was you who entered into that mode?

D
Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!
Rebel 2.8

It would go straight into recovery after showing the Nextbit Robin splash screen automatically.  I ended up having to OEM unlock the phone and manually flash everything one-by-one.  Funny thing is, I can't remember if I re-OEM locked it back after I got it up and running last time.  The new OTA, which showed up on my phone yesterday, looked like it was installing and then crapped out.  So now my Robin is doing the same thign again.  I'll have to flash the stock image again.  Hopefully my Robin (or Robins plural) isn't borked from here on out where I'll have to keep manually flashing every update.  Guess I'll have to wait and see after I get everything up and running again.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

Rebel 2.8

Hi, I got my new nextbit robin last night, when i first turn on, it updates automatically, suddenly it stuck in installer, then battery go down, when i recharge and open, it stuck in recovery mode, i tried to flash manually, but my pc doest recognize my device. now i'm stuck, i'm not tech person, please help me how to get rid of this and use my mobile.

Rebel 2.8

Make sure that all of your drivers are installed and that your Android SDK is up-to-date.  Then I would try different USB Type C cables, different USB ports on your machine and/or a different PC entirely.

Here is a post from Nextbit on how to return to stock.

https://help.nextbit.com/hc/en-us/articles/226377867-My-Robin-is-not-detected-by-PC-or-Mac

Also, some fastboot binaries do not recognize the Robin's fastboot id so if your device is not showing up please add the following to your fastboot commands -i 0x2c3f so a command would look like this

Code:
fastboot -i 0x2c3f flash recovery twrp-3.0.0-0-ether.img

Rebel 2.8

Hi Thanks for your immediate reply, the problem is i cannot enable usb debug option or oem unlock option from developer setting in phone, coz i cannot able to open the phone in first place. Smiley Sad, i'm really starting to regert to get this phone ...