Robin Won't Boot After Update

Rebel 2.6

Re: Robin Won't Boot After Update

I got Nougat OTA update last week and tried to update it. Since that I m getting Encryption Unsuccessful. Itried many ways but didn;t work out. Finally i tried to Flash the device with factory  image But it ended with below error.

rebooting into bootloader...
OKAY [ 0.000s]
finished. total time: -0.000s
simu_flash:9f1f3e58:system
sending segment 1 of 'system' (2607056 KB)...
OKAY [8419.084s]
erasing 'userdata'...
FAILED (command write failed (No such device or address))
finished. total time: 8419.138s

Could someone help on this please.

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

Babz2015 wrote:

I got Nougat OTA update last week and tried to update it. Since that I m getting Encryption Unsuccessful. Itried many ways but didn;t work out. Finally i tried to Flash the device with factory  image But it ended with below error.

rebooting into bootloader...
OKAY [ 0.000s]
finished. total time: -0.000s
simu_flash:9f1f3e58:system
sending segment 1 of 'system' (2607056 KB)...
OKAY [8419.084s]
erasing 'userdata'...
FAILED (command write failed (No such device or address))
finished. total time: 8419.138s

Could someone help on this please.

We've seen this a few times. Try a different USB-C cable.

#NextNow
Rebel 2.8

Make sure you try everything I wrote here, including the fastboot commands.  The Robin is a tricky bird, but you can usually get in back up and running eventually.

Make sure that all of your drivers are installed and that your Android SDK is up-to-date.  Then I would try different USB Type C cables, different USB ports on your machine and/or a different PC entirely.

Here is a post from Nextbit on how to return to stock.

https://help.nextbit.com/hc/en-us/articles/226377867-My-Robin-is-not-detected-by-PC-or-Mac

Also, some fastboot binaries do not recognize the Robin's fastboot id so if your device is not showing up please add the following to your fastboot commands -i 0x2c3f so a command would look like this

Code:
fastboot -i 0x2c3f flash recovery twrp-3.0.0-0-ether.img