Smashed / broken screen

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rebel 2.8

Smashed / broken screen

[ Edited ]

I dropped my phone in the parking garage and smashed the screen. Steve from support chat said that there is no way to fix it. The only thing I can do is to buy a new one! This phone is two weeks old.

I broke a Sony Z5 screen before. That could be repared. Apple can fix their phones. Obviously nexbit is a startup, but if the phone can't be fixed this experience will make me wary of buying nexbit products in the future and recomending the phone to others.  

I've fixed iPhone screens before, can I buy a screen and atempt fit it? I've got nothing to loose. Please help!

25 REPLIES
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Re: Smashed / broken screen

I am going to go ahead and tag a few admins on your behalf and escalate this bud. @alexbirkett

This is not something I know how to help with. 

@Khang @_kay_ @Steev @Nextbit_Admin

I do not work for Nextbit; I am an expert on the product though. PM if needed.

Contact me through PM if I am needed.

Rebel 3.0

@alexbirkett I hope that is a bad joke from Nextbit!!! I hope that you will get help and not just a "**bleep**" answer!

Rebel 2.8

Thanks

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

Hey there @alexbirkett - Let me look into this for you.

#NextNow

Hi guys, regarding a repair service for your phone. I have a meeting today to discuss the process of returning your device to get fixed. I will look into freight, service fees, and timelines and hope I can give you an update on how to do this. The answer will be posted here and in the help center.

#NextNow
Rebel 2.8

@Kang Any news from the meeting? Here's a picture of my phone :sad:20160408_130837.jpg

Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Ouch bud. That is heartbreaking

@alexbirkett

I hope you can get that fixed.

I do not work for Nextbit; I am an expert on the product though. PM if needed.

Contact me through PM if I am needed.

alexbirkett wrote:

@Kang Any news from the meeting? Here's a picture of my phone :sad:

So we actually have the ability to fix your screen now. However, there are several things that aren't in place just yet to get that done. We hope to get those things nailed down as soon as possible but it's a matter of cost for you, for us, timing, key team members responsible, and how. So.......I know it's frustrating, but we're hoping to make the process clear ASAP.

#NextNow
Rebel 2.8

Thanks for getting back to me @Khang. What kind of timeframe are we looking at? I've got to decide if I should buy a different phone. I'm really happy with my Robin. It would be a shame.