Wifi problems, freezing, and a few other things.

Rebel 2.8

Wifi problems, freezing, and a few other things.

[ Edited ]

Hello there! So recently my Robin has been heating up extremely fast and losing its battery in a span of about 3-4 hours. It also freezes for an extremely long time and doesn't unfreeze until, well, it runs out of battery. I've also been experiencing random reboots after trying to connect to Wifi (although this incident has only happened once). And it cannot connect to Wifi at all anymore. I've tried clearing the cache and rebooting it myself a couple times but it doesn't seem to work, is there any way I can fix these problems?

2 REPLIES
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Re: Wifi problems, freezing, and a few other things.

@Wrecktangle 

Could you share a screen shot of your battery usage (settings --> battery).  

Also was there an app that you downloaded around the period this started happening that might affect it? You might want to try botting into safe mode (long press the power till you see a power off pop up appear. Long press that till it asks if you want to reboot to safe mode; select yes). Do the same issues occur? if it doesn't, it might be an app (or two) that may be causes such issues. Scroll through to see which apps have permissions to wifi/internet connection / aeroplane mode / etc Smiley Happy

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
Rebel 2.8

Re: Wifi problems, freezing, and a few other things.

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, I am unable to take a screenshot since I haven't used my Robin for the last few days and it hasn't recorded any data. And the app that was downloaded closest to the period of time that this happened was a game that doesn't use an internet connection/wifi while in use (at least I don't think it does). I've also activated safe mode and so far I have not come across any freezes, but I'm still having problems connecting to wifi. I'm not much of a tech person, so I hope the information I've provided makes sense Smiley Happy