"solved" not really. Still cannot send videos through text

Rebel 2.8

"solved" not really. Still cannot send videos through text

[ Edited ]
So I put the question forward to find out how to send videos through text. Someone replied and it was marked as solved. It's not actually. I still cannot send videos. It is really annoying. Videos are omitted from my choices. I know how to send new videos. It's sending a pre recorded video that is the issue. I hit the attachment button. Then choose the top left button to open all pictures. Even if I go to gallery there are no videos. Even if I go to the video and choose share on that video, the text app is not an option. Is anyone else having this problem?

Also please don't close the thread if I am still having an issue.
8 REPLIES
WGB
Rebel 3.0

Re: "solved" not really. Still cannot send videos through text

Which Messaging app do you use?

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

Typicalgold wrote:
So I put the question forward to find out how to send videos through text. Someone replied and it was marked as solved. It's not actually. I still cannot send videos. It is really annoying. Videos are omitted from my choices. I know how to send new videos. It's sending a pre recorded video that is the issue. I hit the attachment button. Then choose the top left button to open all pictures. Even if I go to gallery there are no videos. Even if I go to the video and choose share on that video, the text app is not an option. Is anyone else having this problem?

Also please don't close the thread if I am still having an issue.

Hey there @Typicalgold - 

Not sure who closed the thread, but I'd like to learn more about the problem you're experiencing. Can you answer the following questions?

1. How long are your videos (also how big are the files)?
  2. Which app are you using to send the video? 
  3. What steps are you taking so our team can reproduce the issue? 

Anecdotally, I use Facebook Messenger to send videos and haven't run into any issues.

#NextNow
Rebel 2.8

I would be happy to reply.

1. There is no particular length. No video will send through text messaging.
2. I am trying to text the videos. Just like you can on any other phone that exists.
3. Not quite how to answer this. I don't know the route issue yet. So I do not know how to help someone reproduce it. I simply cannot text pre recorded videos. I can take new ones and send them. However I cannot send older ones. Maybe there is a permission I messed up on ? Can you revisit permissions?
Rebel 1.4

The issue is still persistent.

1. Clicking on the Messenger (Robin-default).

2. Clicking on the paperclip

3. Unable to find the video to upload.

4. The video is about 5 MB.

5. There is no icon to even go and see the videos from within the messenger app.

6. All I can see is Camera, Picture and a Mic. No option to select the pre - recorded video.

Attached pic of what I see

Need assistance..

Highlighted
Rebel 2.8

So is there any fix for this yet?????

Holy moly, I'm so sorry. I'll bring this up with the team. 

#NextNow
Rebel 1.0

I am having this same issue and would love to know if this was solved!

shanmarie wrote:
I am having this same issue and would love to know if this was solved!

I'm sorry, this is not something that we can work on at the moment. In the meantime, please use Android Messages, or another 3rd party messaging app.

#NextNow