05-04-2016 11:58 PM - edited 05-05-2016 12:07 AM
It's been awhile since I've done some proper CM-style renegade stuff since starting the Inc, and I really dig the Robin so I spent some time getting CM13 going on it!
Thanks to Sean Hoyt for the preliminary work with TWRP to play off of
Nightly builds are in full swing and you can find them here:
Full source code is availalbe at our Github.. https://github.com/CyanogenMod
So far things are really solid and you can use it as your daily driver without worry. I'm still working thru a few audio, power and thermal related issues but nothing that is a showstopper. I've only had the device a few days and things have moved fast! We don't currently support Nextbit's cloud storage solution, but if this isn't an issue for you then you've come to the right place. The device is unlockable, works on most carriers, and has a ton of potential if you are into hacking things to bits!
A few reasons to go for it:
1. System-wide performance is excellent
2. Nicer looking display and better sound (still WIP, lots of work needed here)
3. Nifty use of the LEDs. The rear LEDs will indicate your charge while plugged in.
4. All things CyanogenMod- themes, privacy, great A/V, total control, open source,, and community
5. Nightly builds and the associated horrors that we love to subject ourselves to
6. You love the industrial design of the Robin, you want something lean and mean, and don't really need the storage solution
7. Nextbit is hacker-friendly and you can flip flop between CM, stock, and whatever other ROMs arise at will
A few reasons not to:
1. No epic cloud-storage-solution-of-doom from Nextbit.
2. It's a WIP and a few edges are still rough with CM. A couple of audio use cases aren't tested, power usage isn't optimized, and VoLTE/WiFi calling aren't yet working (do they work for you on the stock rom?) I'm in process of making the build CTS-compliant, so much of this should be a non issue after the next week or so.
3. The manual mode in the stock camera is pretty cool- CM doesn't have this yet. Working on it though!
4. You bought an edgy, hipster phone but are really just a poseur
Let me know how things go, especially if something is broken
Want to submit a patch or a fix? Drop by the CyanogenMod Gerrit and tag me on your change.
Cyanogen Inc and Nextbit are pretty good friends in the corporate world, but this is a totally independent effort on my end. All opinions spoken here are my own and do not represent those of the Powers That Be, the Vogon Constructor Fleet, or Batman.
Solved! Go to Best Answer.
05-05-2016 01:02 AM
05-05-2016 06:03 AM - edited 05-05-2016 06:10 AM
05-05-2016 07:08 AM
05-06-2016 10:29 AM
Would you know if the speaker is broken during a phone call, my loud speaker during a phone doesn't work on 2016-5-6 nightly. Also, I do get VoLTE during a phone call.
05-06-2016 10:32 AM
05-06-2016 03:29 PM
@cyanogen - I have a couple of devices that I'm testing AICP and CM13 on. Seems like there's a weird WI-FI issue in both where it seems like it can't stay connected to the the network (either 2.4GHz or 5GHz). Are you seeing this as well? If not, how would you like me to troubleshoot, or log?
05-06-2016 04:41 PM
05-06-2016 06:42 PM
Waking the device when I picked it up also doesn't function for me, I haven't very much noticed the wifi dropping though but I haven't also paid much attention to it.