[ACRONYMS] Official CyanogenMod 13!

SOLVED
Rebel 2.8
12
2

Re: [ACRONYMS] Official CyanogenMod 13!

Audio is working in todays nightly

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee
1326
1622

Re: [ACRONYMS] Official CyanogenMod 13!

@tehsu - Are you dirty flashing the nightly? Or you wiping each time?


#NextNow
Rebel 2.8
12
2

Re: [ACRONYMS] Official CyanogenMod 13!

@Khang Dirty flash, just used the built in CM upgrade under about

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee
1326
1622

Re: [ACRONYMS] Official CyanogenMod 13!

Wow, thanks...hahah been so long since I've flashed CM builds.


#NextNow
Recognized Developer
27
57

Re: [ACRONYMS] Official CyanogenMod 13!

Just pushed up a fix for this, sorting out the  blobs is a pain Smiley Happy

Recognized Developer
27
57

Re: [ACRONYMS] Official CyanogenMod 13!

Does this even work on the stock ROM?  When I try to enable the necessary sensors (DPC and pickup gesture), the DSPS (sensor core) instantly yells at me. It's possible I need  the baseband update from the MR1 release if they are indeed supposed to work Smiley Happy  Adding "ro.qti.sensors.pug=true" to build.prop should be all that's required to get it working. The error I get back is a generic failure.

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee
1326
1622

Re: [ACRONYMS] Official CyanogenMod 13!


cyanogen wrote:

Does this even work on the stock ROM?  When I try to enable the necessary sensors (DPC and pickup gesture), the DSPS (sensor core) instantly yells at me. It's possible I need  the baseband update from the MR1 release if they are indeed supposed to work Smiley Happy  Adding "ro.qti.sensors.pug=true" to build.prop should be all that's required to get it working. The error I get back is a generic failure.


Evening @cyanogen,

 

Ahhh, this isn't a feature on stock, so I was really curious to try it out. I'm also wondering if this would be an active sensor that would cause any additional battery drain.


#NextNow
Recognized Developer
27
57

Re: [ACRONYMS] Official CyanogenMod 13!

It runs on the DSPS which is a dedicated core and uses almost no power when configured properly.  The other wakeup sensors all work properly, but the DPC does not (device position classifier, which is used by the pickup sensor virtual sensor). Nextbit may neeed to ask their ODM to flip this on in the firmware.

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee
1326
1622

Re: [ACRONYMS] Official CyanogenMod 13!


cyanogen wrote:

It runs on the DSPS which is a dedicated core and uses almost no power when configured properly.  The other wakeup sensors all work properly, but the DPC does not (device position classifier, which is used by the pickup sensor virtual sensor). Nextbit may neeed to ask their ODM to flip this on in the firmware.


I can ask the team! Sounds really interesting...Smiley Happy


#NextNow
Recognized Developer
27
57

Re: [ACRONYMS] Official CyanogenMod 13!


Khang wrote:

cyanogen wrote:

It runs on the DSPS which is a dedicated core and uses almost no power when configured properly.  The other wakeup sensors all work properly, but the DPC does not (device position classifier, which is used by the pickup sensor virtual sensor). Nextbit may neeed to ask their ODM to flip this on in the firmware.


I can ask the team! Sounds really interesting...Smiley Happy


It can also be emulated using the "Basic Gestures" virtual sensor, which is a wakeup sensor that reports things like push, pull, flip, shake, etc.  Just requires tweakng some thresholds in the sensors HAL. This is what I did for the OnePlus One since DPC wasn't supported on 8974 and we had no access to the DSP firmware fairly soon after the launch Smiley Sad