[ACRONYMS] Official CyanogenMod 13!

SOLVED
Rebel 3.0

Re: [ACRONYMS] Official CyanogenMod 13!

[ Edited ]

@vwlshrtg The problem is that I didnt take note of the logs. I CAN tell you that the gapps were stuck on "mounting". Would my having decrypted the device have any impact on successfully flashing either? Thanks Smiley Happy

#nextnow proud rebel! I love to help!
Recognized Developer

vwlshrtg wrote:

Has anyone else noticed bizarre stuttering issues over the last week or so of nightlies? I haven't been able to tie it to any one app or behavior. The phone will be chugging along just fine and then suddenly, often while tapping home or trying to open another app or notification, it will stutter and freeze up for seconds at a time. Then it'll go back to normal. Over time though, without a reboot, the stuttering will stack up and everything will take longer than it should or have 2-3 second freezes before anything happens. Even a soft reboot makes it disappear for a day or so, though.

The last couple of times it's happened I've also gotten seemingly random "Unfortunately $app_x has stopped" reports. CM Crash Reporter (ha), weather provider, and a few other things. No apps that I've installed, all built-in stuff. The freezin behavior persists after these notices. I haven't been able to grab any logcat data because, well, I don't know how to predict when it's going to happen yet.

Let me know if you still see this after tonight's build.

Rebel 3.6

Robin + Cyanogenmod make the perfect combo on Durango, Co.!

[ Edited ]

It's a beautiful day! Robin + Cyanogenmod make the perfect combo in Durango, Co.!

It's an awesome morning!It's an awesome morning!

-===(Colin Burhart Wilson)(www.KubrickStare.com)===-
Rebel 3.0

cyanogen wrote:

vwlshrtg wrote:

Has anyone else noticed bizarre stuttering issues over the last week or so of nightlies? I haven't been able to tie it to any one app or behavior. The phone will be chugging along just fine and then suddenly, often while tapping home or trying to open another app or notification, it will stutter and freeze up for seconds at a time. Then it'll go back to normal. Over time though, without a reboot, the stuttering will stack up and everything will take longer than it should or have 2-3 second freezes before anything happens. Even a soft reboot makes it disappear for a day or so, though.

The last couple of times it's happened I've also gotten seemingly random "Unfortunately $app_x has stopped" reports. CM Crash Reporter (ha), weather provider, and a few other things. No apps that I've installed, all built-in stuff. The freezin behavior persists after these notices. I haven't been able to grab any logcat data because, well, I don't know how to predict when it's going to happen yet.

It's definitely still doing it on the build from last night (5/24) but it does seem to recover a little bit faster, and I made it through most of the day before I saw it happen. In previous builds it happened a lot more. Any info I/we can provide to help?

Rebel 3.0

cyanogen wrote:

vwlshrtg wrote:

I haven't noticed any of the major slow-downs as I was. Over the last couple days, I have a new issue where received calls that were forwarded from my office voip phone are dropping around the 5min 15sec mark. Our voip provider is real awful and I am guessing the issue could verywell be on their end (being researched)

Recognized Developer

I might have missed the cutoff. Major issue was that the WiFi firmware logger daemon was still running and logging gigs and gigs of data.

Apparently we need a different solution for VoLTE as well. Everything is set up right and exists on the device, but it appears that the mbn files that are needed to configure the modem weren't properly signed by Nextbit/Foxconn. I had used a special (not distributable) tool to load them. I'm looking for a workaround which doesn't cause carnage.
Rebel 3.0

Still seeing a bit of jankyness in 25th may nightly. Unsure if the wifi logging has been disabled as you mentioned.
Rebel 3.0

Draco wrote:
Still seeing a bit of jankyness in 25th may nightly. Unsure if the wifi logging has been disabled as you mentioned.

I'm skipping the 5/25 nightly per the recommendation from the CM twitter account, but I'll try tomorrow's and report back here with how it behaves.

Rebel 3.0

[ Edited ]

Has anyone else noticed really lousy data speeds with the Robin?

On a Straight Talk SIM that uses AT&T's network, I can get 20+Mbps on my oneplus one. On the Robin, using the same SIM and APN settings, I'm averaging about 2Mbps. But I get *upload* speeds of 15+Mbps. It's bizarre.

Rebel 3.0

cyanogen wrote:
I might have missed the cutoff. Major issue was that the WiFi firmware logger daemon was still running and logging gigs and gigs of data.

If this was the suspected cause of the stuttering, I'm not sure it's been addressed. On the 5/26 nightly I started experiencing the same stuttering/freezing after only two hours of uptime.