[OFFICIAL] Omni for Nextbit Robin [7.1.1][Weeklies]

Rebel 3.0

Re: Omni for Nextbit Robin [ALPHA] 20160721

Issue isn't with zooming. Camera doesn't launch with cannot connect to camera
Rebel 3.0

[ Edited ]
I can confirm that the Google camera does work although you're still not able to zoom in! The only way I was able to get the app working was thru a titanium backup as I restored as I kept getting a parsing error when I downloaded the apk regardless if it was download off the phone or PC...
Rebel 3.0

@ASJ2583 @C-Dog strange, I'm getting the same "cannot connect.." error myself now. I was definitely able to use the bundled camera app yesterday. Hmm...

#nextnow proud rebel! I love to help!
Rebel 3.0

Maybe try deleting cache off the camera app or worse case scenario delete cache thru twrp recovery hoping that fixes it?!
Rebel 3.0

I think I'm going back to stock/TWRP/SU for now, since that gives me back my beloved ViperA.R.I.S.E. sound mod ;-)

@jakew02 do you have any interest in getting ViperA.R.I.S.E. working with OMNI? Not bundling it as much as helping me/others to get it working? I realize it's far from a priority, just asking... Smiley Happy

Rebel 3.0

Other than the small camera annoyances the only issues I've had are accidently unlocking my phone while grabbing it due to the finger print scanner being always on since I registered both my thumbs and index fingers. I've also noticed after logging into all my apps that there's a small lag performing tasks. I'm guessing this being an Alpha the rom could probably use a bit of cleaning and optimization but so far so good!
Rebel 3.0

Careful which Google camera you sideload, one if from the pixels which requires android 7.1 ... I had to dig around for one that says android 7.0
Rebel 3.0

@Junfoo the apk I linked is the ARM64 7.0 version. ;-) Even though that apparently does not solve the issues completely...

Junfoo wrote:

Careful which Google camera you sideload, one if from the pixels which requires android 7.1 ... I had to dig around for one that says android 7.0

Rebel 3.0

[ Edited ]
The one I installed thru Titanium Backup updated thru the app store. I've included a picture of which version installed although I should mention that I did edit my build.prop to a Pixel XL to get Google Assistant working!
Rebel 3.2

No camera here either. Ambient doesn't work with phone calls. Headset plugged in notification is constant even after unplugging . 

Poor performance after the rom settles and daily use. Google maps has difficulty running smoothly with GPS and jumps around a lot. 

Phone heats up a lot. 

Homescreen wallpaper switches to all black, regardless of which launcher I'm using. 

Charging leds on back turn off after a while even though phone is still charging