[ROM][Nougat][Unofficial]ResurrectionRemix v5.8.0[7.0]

Rebel 3.2

Re: [ROM][Nougat][Unofficial]ResurrectionRemix v5.8.0[7.0]

Mohammed1 wrote:
Can I use Android 7.1 Gapps for this resurrection remix ROM?

Like Jim said, Yes, You can, I recommend OpenGapps - arm64 Pico variant

DiabolicJourney_SpaRky / Midnight - Fosman DURA-T Crystal - TMobile
Rebel 2.8

Hey all...

I found that over the last few months that the Robin OS was getting sluggish and grinding to a halt (it has been factory reset a few times and still issues) and I was rebooting more then I would like.  So I came across this posting for the Resurrection Remix and since my phone was already rooted (was sluggish before root) I figured what do I have to lose?

Well...... yeah... if you havent already done it... DO IT.  I know that a lot of work went into developing the Robin OS and espeically with the cloud storage which is pretty freakin awesome and despite the phone grinding to a halt and deciding to function whenever it feels "it" wants to.....I was hesitant to flash another ROM knowing that i would be loosing the function that...well...is the reason I got the phone (other then the sweet looks lol)

So I decided to flash Resurrection Remix and holy sh*t.  It is like breathing new life into an already awesome phone.  It is more responsive, no freezing (i do i have a few gripes - will post later on). 

Here is the biggest....seriously... THE BIGGEST fix that happened when upgrading to Resurrection remix....I drive a 2015 Prius (don't judge lol) and even though the Robin would connect via bluetooth it would not recognize the phone for SMS.  I dont remember the exact error, but it was along the lines that your phone isnt compatible.  Well the next day after flashing RR and I hop in the car and with in a few moments I get a text and this unknown noise comes from the car and I was like... WTF is that??  I look down at my car display screen and there is this screen that is now displaying my SMS messages as exactly as it is suppose to do.  Not gonna lie, I had my wife send me messages so I can see it displayed lol.

Issues I have come across:

• Chrome and Firefox running much slower then previously.  I dont know what percentage but it's slower then with the standard OS
  • Fingerprint reader can and most of the time will take much longer to acknowledge your fingerprint.  It can take upwards of about 5 seconds at the most.  Generally it is around 3 seconds and even though 3 seconds doesnt seem that long... count to 3 lol.  However there are times that it is instant (and yes I have other fingerprints added)   With the factory Robin OS it was instant.
  • Play Store:  The issue is with downloading apps.  So far I have only experienced it on cellular and not wifi.  You select to install and it will give you the downloading bars sliding across the app, but nothing is happening.  If you exit and then come back it will say pending.  For this I am going to say that this is most of the time, as it doesnt always happen.  The fix is I did a soft reboot and then the downloads triggered. - wifi no issues

the only thing that would be really cool if they could integrate is Cortanna, seriously.  It's pretty sweet for WIN 10 and I was messing around with it for a few weeks on the phone and it was a lot of fun.

Anyways... hopefully you didnt fall asleep reading this novel. 

If you have any questions, please dont hesitate to ask and I will do my best to answer.

Peace

Phil

Rebel 2.8

I just ask for a suggestion: I am using RR 5.7 (MM) for 3 moths and I found it very very stable, with basically no issues (apart startup freezing like 3-4 times a week), and with a very good battery life... can I upgrade to the 5.8? I read about camera issues... it's true? what are the advantages by passing from 5.7 to 5.8?

thanks guys

Rebel 3.2

superbalza wrote:

I just ask for a suggestion: I am using RR 5.7 (MM) for 3 moths and I found it very very stable, with basically no issues (apart startup freezing like 3-4 times a week), and with a very good battery life... can I upgrade to the 5.8? I read about camera issues... it's true? what are the advantages by passing from 5.7 to 5.8?

thanks guys

Wiping is always best when going between Android versions (M->N in this case). I am still on RR5.7 and it works fine, you will lose Xposed if you go to N (whatever ROM)

Rebel 2.8

Yes, you will loose XPOSED because root is not available that properly for the whole system. It should probably work on the ROMS which have system less root.
Rebel 3.2

Actually, Root works fine, there is no Xposed Framework for N (7.0/7.1/7.1.1), Rovo89 is still working on it.

Rebel 2.6

Just out of Curiousity but did this ROM die down I haven't seen much after 5.8.0 came into play on ressurection remix not asking for any updates just wondering since 5.8.2 be the latest
Rebel 2.6

What 5.7 build u guys using is it the latest 5.7.4 build or the latest 5.7.0 for resurrection remix I'm looking for a good stable battery life build is why I ask would love to be on android N for it but I've run to the camera issue and it freezing and rebooting on me so I was looking for a solid good build of MM instead
Rebel 3.2

I have been using 5.7.4 since I got my Robin, no issues, though battery life could be better, but I think that it is the Robin's flaw more than the ROMs.