Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Re: [ROM][Unofficial]ResurrectionRemix v5.7.0[6.0.1_r46][July 3]

Recognized Developer

ok i tried your kernel on cm and the snapchat flash bug is still there

[ Edited ]
@XxXPachaXxX Which version of Snapchat are you using? I've been on 9.21.1.0 for uh, reasons. Which is super ancient. Are you on the betas or stable releases? I'll test some more for you on it if you want. You could also get syslog from the play store and see if the logs point to why it's happening. (Btw I'm digging the tux avatar c: )
Recognized Developer

[ Edited ]

@devin i'm on stable channel, v9.35.0.0

Investigating into it, i don't think it's a rom or kernel bug, as all the other apps are working well, even the latest google camera apk. I think it's all about the snapchat app, that's why i reported the issue to the snapchat support (hope this helps).

As i remember, other devices had this bug in the past, fixed after time on the app side.

Rebel 3.0

Ok, This ROM is great is almost everything but battery life isn't as I would have hoped. I have been using zzmoove cpu govenor on both CPU clusters and I only get 15 hours or so. Doze doesn't seem to be working properly either for some reason, even though my greenify says its going into doze, it only does so for like 4 or 5 minutes before it wakes up and sometimes if im lucky it stays for an hour. Yet during the whole time the battery graph just shows the same slope of 15 hours and better battery stats says it's awake with the screen off half the time. I've tried running resurrection remix stock and still not working as expected (the doze). There seems to be a lot of power draw from the wifi being left on too and I will be investigating what's going on here. I usually had like flat time intervals with little to no power draw from my robin running stock or cyanogenmod. I'll post my finding here later after I do some tests.

@LiquidShadowFox Thank you for this post! I'll try to look into what's causing it and build a new build today. I'm really OCD when it comes to battery life so this comes towards the top for me of issues to try to remedy.

I've decided I'm going to split builds into two catagories. One will include the cm kernel. The other Deathly. Until we solve a few of the issues we're running into this will be great to compare battery life and performance between the two. If you're running the deathly kernel variant (the main variant) you'll be all good and still recieve OTAs. The CM kernel variant will recieve it's own OTAs.

Rebel 3.0

I'm using deathly and IT is the kernel causing the drain atm, cyanogen mod wasn't this bad but I'm looking into it, I think it's a wifi issue

I talked to the maintainer of deathly and it has been rebased on the current cm kernel. Let's see if that makes a difference.

Just to address the lack of updates my WiFi adapter is borked on my build machine and I don't have a way of hard wiring it where I live atm. I'll try to get the source code downloaded again (also I kind of switched distros earlier on for a fresh start the same day my WiFi dongle broke, rest in peace WiFi dongle) but no absolute promises. If all goes well you guys should see a new RR build, bliss build, and something else I'm trying to cook up.