[ROM][OFFICIAL][MM6.0.1] AICP for Robin (Ether) Nightlies

Recognized Developer

[ROM][OFFICIAL][MM6.0.1] AICP for Robin (Ether) Nightlies

[ Edited ]
GhQyhHk
AICP

Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as Ice Cold Project that started on Desire HD and since then evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community you can find!!!

Until Lollipop, Rom has always been AOKP based. Unfortunately, since AOKP either stopped development or will make a comeback later this year, we changed our base to CM when it comes to hardware, drivers and some features.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them or CM team if it concerns their modifications. This rom isn't CM supported so no need to report errors or bugs to them!!

In the beginning we would like to thank:
CM team
maxwen
Thoemy
SlimBean rom team
ParanoidAndroid team
CarbonRom team
LiquidSmooth rom team
Omni rom team
DU team
teemodk
audahadi
Community

@LorD ClockaN
@zipsnet
@n3ocort3x
@semdoc
@eyosen
@alienmind
@Chezbel
@Drgravy
@eboye

We are now paying for servers that build nightlies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
Thank you!!

Download

Nightlies: Here
Recommended Gapps for ether: Here

Will add once nightly's start rolling

Fingerprint scanner is always on when the phones off so it will unlock without pressing the power button
No volte/wifi calling yet
Some battery drain releated to the fingerprint scanner

ROMS should contain everything you need to enjoy Lollipop. You are not required to install any Add Ons, simply download the latest ROM, gapps, flash it, and go!
You are STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing, and if possible avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup - these can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug. If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience strange behavior.

How to flash:

• Don't do it if you don't know it
  • Full wipe, flash rom, flash gapps, boot
  • ROM has gapps persistance in between dirty flashes
  • To update to M, you must flash the M modem and perform a full wipe

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA:
To be able to flash over OTA app, TWRP recovery is needed.
You can still use CWM and OTA app, but only to download zip file and flash it manually from within recovery. Zip gets saved under AICP_ota folder on your internal SDcard.

If you want to contribute to the AICP or wanna see what is being worked on/merge feel free to visit our gerrit, link is at the bottom!!!

Big shout out to @cyanogen aka Steve Kondik he single handily brought up the Nextbit Robin on CM

IceColdJelly AICP G+ community

Deathly Kernel Source
Device Tree github
Rom github
Rom gerrit

You want to see a normal night at the DEV office, click here!!

16 REPLIES
Recognized Developer

Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL][MM6.0.1] AICP for Robin (Ether)

Features:

• Old Layout
  • Proximity Call
  • Screenrecord
  • Add blocker
  • Notification FC Disabler
  • LCD Changer (persistent)
  • Gesture Anywhere
  • Recents Panel Settings
  • Omniswitch
  • App Circle Bar
  • Network Traffic on statusbar
  • Show CPU Info
  • Boot animation changer
  • CM Theme Engine
  • Slim Launcher
  • Slim's Heads Up, with the ability to disable
  • QS Sync Tile
  • QS Screenshot Tile
  • QS Screenrecord Tile
  • QS Quick and Smart pull down
  • QS WiFi Detailed Tile View
  • QS Location Tile - Enable Advanced Settings
Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

Thank you so much for the hard work @deadman96385! Got to play around with it yesterday, and I loved it! Really look forward to seeing the community learn how to flash this ROM. Smiley Happy

#NextNow
Rebel 3.2

Sweeeet! Looking forward to flash-day this weekend! (Probably Sunday)

Rebel 3.0

Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL][MM6.0.1] AICP for Robin (Ether) Nightlies

Works amazing and has 10 times battery life than NExtbit rom.

Thank you so much for this!!!!!!

Rebel 2.8

Loved your Rom but everytime i recieve a call i will lose sound as in the phone will have no sound whether from my ringtone or from media. I have to restart the phone before i have sound again... I wish you could solve my problem and I would gladly stick to the ROM! 

Cheers!

Rebel 3.0

[ Edited ]
Thanks for this fantastic ROM!
I just flashed it last night, and I'm SOO pleasantly surprised to see that includes the amazing Pulse graphic EQ mod! I attached a screen shot for those who are not familiar with Pulse.
#nextnow proud rebel! I love to help!
Rebel 3.0

@mkbomb are these the standard icons or a special one?

greez 

Rebel 3.0

[ Edited ]
@soecky the messages and camera are unique to their apps, because I believe the messenger is based on the classic AOSP version. Camera is a custom app also, both are bundled with AICP. Hope that helps?
Rebel 3.0

It should be noted that my Robin got particularly hot and battery drained rapidly within the couple of hours that I was running AICP. Not sure if things would have stabilized had I let it run for a day or two? I'm aware that there are issues that remain with the CM base, so I'm not expecting perfection Smiley Happy Excellent job so far though. I'm really looking forward to having some stable custom ROMs, hopefully soon. Thanks for all the hard work.