[ROM] [Official] Paranoid Android AOSPA - 6.0.3

Rebel 3.2

Re: [ROM] [Official] Paranoid Android AOSPA - 6.0.3

@omrichetti No problem.

Well I first installed it when no instructions were released. Had tons of issues (was using OpenGapps stock). Phone would freeze up, soft reboot, go into bootloops.

Ive reflashed since and used banks Gapps and havent had any issues. 

Phone is super snappy, and fast. It feels like a totally different phone now. No customization, so if youre looking for that then youll want xposed or go with a CM13 based rom. Stock android with great/convenient features. 

No battery charging light, no way to disable notification pulse when in DND (which is annoying when at night and room gets a huge glowing light). Still some tweaking is needed but it feels stable so far (especially now that i used the right flashing instructions)

Rebel 3.0

Sounds good. Would you ever consider making an instructional video? like a how to video for newbies like me?

Rebel 3.2

@omrichetti

follow this guide to unlock/flash twrp
https://community.nextbit.com/t5/Recoveries/Guide-Unlock-Bootloader-Install-TWRP-Get-Root-Remove-Enc...

once twrp is installed and you wiped internal data, restarted recovery, have phone hooked to pc and copy over rom and gapps to phone. then flash files in twrp

Im working right now, will make a quick video later. 

Rebel 3.0

Yes i understand i am also at work. Thank you so much for your expertise and your time

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

omrichetti wrote:

Lol thank you, This was very informative. this is definitley new to me and all. I will read over your advice and xda thoroughly and try to follow the instructions step by step. It doesnt seem to be difficult, I've never tried a flash or any of this before. But ive always wanted to experience a custom rom. Looking forward to trying it and hopefully i am successful. How you installed PA on your robin? if so, how does it work and your opinion of it?

Here's how to flash a custom ROM (and PA for that matter):

• Back up your contacts, files  and pictures (if you haven't already -- you know how to do this with Robin Smiley Happy )
  • Download the latest TWRP recovery, PA zip file, and Banks GAPPs to your PC
  • Enable Developer settings on Robin and select OEM unlocking to enabled
  • Transfer PA zip file, and Gapps file to your Robin (or if you use ADB sideload, you don't need to do this)
  • Open a command window where you've saved your fastboot and adb files. You should store the TWRP file there.
  • Boot Robin into fastboot mode
  • type: fastboot -i 0x2c3f oem unlock-go
  • Get back into fastboot mode
  • type: fastboot -i 0x2c3f flash recovery [file name of TWRP file].img
  • type: fastboot reboot-bootloader
  • Select Recovery and TWRP should boot 
  • Select Wipe > Advanced Wipe
  • If you've loaded PA and Gapps onto your phone DO NOT select Internal Storage
  • Wipe your phone
  • Go back and Select Install
  • Select the PA.zip and Gapps.zip file and install
  • Reboot

If you didn't load PA and Gapps on, just wipe the phone and install via ADB sideload under the advanced menu.

#NextNow

tlxxxsrace wrote:

@omrichetti No problem.

Well I first installed it when no instructions were released. Had tons of issues (was using OpenGapps stock). Phone would freeze up, soft reboot, go into bootloops.

Ive reflashed since and used banks Gapps and havent had any issues. 

Phone is super snappy, and fast. It feels like a totally different phone now. No customization, so if youre looking for that then youll want xposed or go with a CM13 based rom. Stock android with great/convenient features. 

No battery charging light, no way to disable notification pulse when in DND (which is annoying when at night and room gets a huge glowing light). Still some tweaking is needed but it feels stable so far (especially now that i used the right flashing instructions)

You can turn off the pulse notification. 

#NextNow
Rebel 3.0

Thank you for that. But i ahve a chromebook, i dont think it will work with the chromebook. Can i do it on a mac? just use the command prompt on a mac?

Recognized Developer

Not sure about Chromebook, but it works with OSX for sure Smiley Happy

AOSPA Developer
Rebel 3.0

Great thanks

Yeah through terminal on Mac you should be able to run the command lines.

#NextNow