[ROM] [Official] Paranoid Android AOSPA - 6.0.3

Rebel 3.0

Re: [ROM] [Official] Paranoid Android AOSPA - 6.0.3

iNKay wrote:

Will paranoid android support cloud features?

No, I've seen it requested many times in basically every ROM thread... That is proprietary Nextbit technology, and they ain't sharing lol

Rebel 3.2

Love this rom. Its the fastest and smoothest out of all. Battery life is fantastic too! 4hr SOT. a full 12hr day. Youtube, texting, email, web browsing. 

Cant wait for nougat

Rebel 3.0

Just flashed. Working flawlessly so far! Is Ambient Display supposed to work? It does on Omni ROM Smiley Happy
#nextnow proud rebel! I love to help!
Rebel 3.0

Advanced Reboot Options are available! I found them in Developer Options! Woohoo!
#nextnow proud rebel! I love to help!
Rebel 2.8

[ Edited ]

Few questions: 

- Is undervolting supported on the pre-packaged kernel?

- Is full CPU clock control available?

I feel that if these two are supported all issues with battery life and overheating will be fixed. Disabling/underclocking the A57 cluster would really help, although it would kill performance (who plays Asphalt anyway?).

Seriously eyeing the Robin for $169 on Amazon... coming from a Nexus 5 with a CPU undervolted by ~150 mV and underclocked to 1036 MHz I really hope that we can undervolt (the Nexus 5 would heat like a toaster oven, but undervolting seriously helped).

Rebel 3.0

negusp wrote:

Few questions: 

- Is undervolting supported on the pre-packaged kernel?

- Is full CPU clock control available?

I feel that if these two are supported all issues with battery life and overheating will be fixed. Disabling/underclocking the A57 cluster would really help, although it would kill performance (who plays Asphalt anyway?).

Seriously eyeing the Robin for $169 on Amazon... coming from a Nexus 5 with a CPU undervolted by ~150 mV and underclocked to 1036 MHz I really hope that we can undervolt (the Nexus 5 would heat like a toaster oven, but undervolting seriously helped).

I really like my robin if for nothing else the price and extra gig of ram over the 5x. Being a nexus device there is a lot more development for the 5x. I do not believe this kernel supporst undervolting, but you have control over the CPU and features with kernel apps. I had mine pretty well tweaked. I was running resurection remix as this PA 6 was buggy for me. RR includes the deathly kernel that is a little more feature rich, but I do not believe has uV control.

The new Nougat beta in collaboration with Paranoid Android is pretty slick http://community.nextbit.com/t5/Community-Blog/Nextbit-Paranoid-Android-and-Nougat/ba-p/32329 

Rebel 2.8

Thanks! Is there core/hotplugging control? (disabling specific CPU cores)

Rebel 3.0

negusp wrote:

Thanks! Is there core/hotplugging control? (disabling specific CPU cores)

I am 95% sure it does, but maybe someone else will want to confirm. I had mine on RR tweaked fully using the following guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2769899 

Rebel 2.8

Great, thats awesome, thanks. I can generally deal with a lack of undervolting regardless. 

Rebel 2.6

I see that you are very knowledgeable and I'm in need of assistance. I purchased a nextbit Robin with paranoid android 6.0.3 installed, and I'm trying to get back to the stock ROM, can you help me?