Slimrom

Rebel 2.8

Re: Slimrom

The appearance of slimroms support originally attracted my attention to this phone. Now I have the phone and slim 6 working nicely. Many thanks to the slim team.

Rebel 2.8

Definitely running nicely, update posted yesterday. Thanks Slimrom team!

Rebel 2.8

So who do we have to thank for being the Slim Rom device maintainer for the Robin (ether)?

SlimRom is currently covering about a third of their supported devices with a nougat build. Has work begun to bring nougat to the ether?

Dan
Rebel 2.8

Earlgrey_44 wrote:

So who do we have to thank for being the Slim Rom device maintainer for the Robin (ether)?

SlimRom is currently covering about a third of their supported devices with a nougat build. Has work begun to bring nougat to the ether?

Paul Keith (javelinanddart) is our maintainer.

As for Nougat: No ETAs yet. Feel free to follow along with Robin specifc stuff on the SlimRoms github.

Rebel 2.8

Re: Slimrom battery use

People have complained that 3rd party ROMs have faster than desired battery drain.

Mine usually lasted through the day with Slim6, but I noticed the device rarely entered the doze state.

I can report that if you sign up for the Greenify beta test, the beta version allows "aggressive doze" which works very well. Battery drain is much slower.

Rebel 3.0

1st, thanks to the Slim team for maintaining this ROM for the Robin.

I am using CM13 and quite happy with it... I haven't tried the latest Slim yet, mostly because of being busy during the holidays. Other than curiosity, I am mostly interested in a ROM that has the latest (December) security patches applied, and CM13 development stopped with teh 11/13 nightly. CM14.1 may not be ready yet...

Question: does the latest Slim6 for Robin include the Dec patches? Does anyone have any experience coming from CM13 on key differences?

- I would lose CMTE, but could use Substratum.

- I might lose Active Display/Night mode, but could use a third party app.

- Any obvious differences in battery life? 

Rebel 2.8

Substratum is not supported in slim ,ur phone will struck in boot loop if you use it

Rebel 3.0

Thanks, Jaidlovepirate. I can live without themes in a vanilla android rom. How about battery life? Also, is anyone running Slim6 with the December security patch? The security patch would be my main reason for switching from CM13--it seems like my choices to stay up to date are CM14.1 or Slim6.

Rebel 2.8

I just installed Slim6 last night so can't really comment on battery life yet. So far I'm impressed though I haven't tried CM13 to compare it to, only got my Robin a couple of weeks ago. It has a dark theme in addition to light. You can set the DPI from the display settings without having to go through ADB and it defaults to 400 instead of 480 which is great for getting more on screen.

The latest weekly build (1.17) has the November security patch.

I'll probably stick with this until the Omni 7.1 build fixes GPS (important for me).

Rebel 2.8

same here ,i will stick with omni until slim brings 7 and about the battery drain well it is decent but not surprising . omni is by far the best .hope to see slim 7 soon