Sorry for this topic but please help [simu_flash]

SOLVED
Ps
Rebel 3.0

Sorry for this topic but please help [simu_flash]

[ Edited ]

Hey guys,

You may delete this topic once it get's answered or maybe move it, just writing it here to get proper attention.

So issue is I do not have a windows/mac os (sorry but can't arrange one for anytime soon).

On linux all i keep getting is script fail while tryin to go back to stock image.

It always fails at flashing system image(all the previous commands work fine)

fastboot -i 0x2c3f -w simu_flash system system.img or fastboot -i 0x2c3f simu_flash system system.img

Things I have tried may not be suggested:

• fastboot without -i 0x2c3f doesn't work so have already modded the script according to my needs.
  • switched off toggles -w or others nothing works.
  • normal flash command isn't working.
  • fastboot is latest version, so is adb (1.0.32), tried with 1.0.31
  • ran the script while in the folder where all the files extracted, tried su as well.

I am on a ubuntu desktop, and confused as hell how to solve the simu_flash

Please guide me.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: tagging some forum guys

@Khang@Baymax @devin

6 REPLIES
Ps
Rebel 3.0

Re: Sorry for this topic but please help [simu_flash]

Just adding to above, once the script runs to install everything including recovery and boot, can i try and copy the system image to robin and then try and use it using stock recovery, will that work?

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

Ps wrote:

Just adding to above, once the script runs to install everything including recovery and boot, can i try and copy the system image to robin and then try and use it using stock recovery, will that work?

Hey there, I don't think we have a working linux script. This happened on Win/Mac too, and i think it might be a cable issue? Can you retry with another cable?

#NextNow
Ps
Rebel 3.0

Hey,

Not a cable issue, linuxOS not able to parse simu_flash command. somewhow  fastboot with simu_flash fails like we are not providing right input for it to process.

Anything else I could try, (in s/w terms apart from h/w , h/w is fine)

Will my second post thought work, should I try that?

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

Ps wrote:

Hey,

Not a cable issue, linuxOS not able to parse simu_flash command. somewhow  fastboot with simu_flash fails like we are not providing right input for it to process.

Anything else I could try, (in s/w terms apart from h/w , h/w is fine)

Will my second post thought work, should I try that?

TBH, it's a bit out of my wheelhouse... Smiley Happy

#NextNow
Ps
Rebel 3.0

No problem, you my delete the topic, I will do a fresh install using TWRP stock.

One last thing, I send you a PM could you see after going stock if things can speed up for my request?

Thanks.

Rebel 3.0

Sorry to not be of much help, but I had the exact same issue when I was on Ubuntu as well... I ended up waiting for a friends Mac and it was able to send everything through... Since then I've installed Windows 10 for other reasons