Google Assistant

Rebel 2.6

Google Assistant

Google Assistant WILL be coming to ALL Nextbit Robin phones, the update should happen between now and a few days. 

9 REPLIES
Rebel 1.2

Re: Google Assistant

[ Edited ]
I have been reading many different technology articles that insist that Assistant requires, at least, 6.1.3 Marshmallow or higher with 1.5 gigabytes of RAM. So, it seems that until we get a Nougat update, it may not happen until then.
Rebel 3.0

6.1.3 marshmallow? What garbage tech sites are you reading? Marshmallow stopped at 6.0.1.
Rebel 2.6

Exactly! 😂😂😂

Rebel 2.6

Actually you can sign up to become a Nougat beta tester on the Nextbit Robin, it will take approximately 1 - 2 weeks. 

Rebel 1.6

Just woke up to having Google assistant, all the buttons that were formally on screen on the Google now screen are gone. So I was wondering how are we supposed to screenshot and translate without using our voice?
Rebel 2.8

Did you take any steps in getting the Google assistant? I don't have it here (southern US) and I need it so I can test out the Actions on Google SDK thing :/
Rebel 2.8

There should be a screenshot button with swiping up from the assistant, but I don't think that translate is still there anymore Smiley Sad
Rebel 2.8

with nougat???

Rebel 2.8

I had it and tried some other Roms and factory flashed my device. No Android pay the fact I hate stock launchers and love Robins. Setting encryption flags manually . Long story short I lost it. I'm not a huge fan . The talk back feature is okay.