Is this cloud storage practically usefull?

Rebel 2.6

Is this cloud storage practically usefull?

I would say no! A complete no! Because im from india and in my country bandwidth and network is a big problem, here we dont get wifi everywhere we run maybe in future we will, but not any time soon. So the so called 'rebel' thing is running useless. Who wants to redownload an app? Which he already had in his phone, You know its the same thing thats happening, either from app store or your 'cloud' what difference does it make? First It makes us wait second it consumes our data! 

Yeah your cloud feature is great its innovative but if you dont want us to run out of storage first give us enough to play with, either make it a 64gb or simply give us an sd card slot! Or els your reble feature will stay fancy useless and we will have to use our traditional way of clearing storage by DELETING stuff! And yeah we where not able to find a charging socket or an ear phone! Is this also the part of beeing reble? So which means when you hit the next level of beeing rebel we will have to buy the battery  and the back cover as extras?

5 REPLIES
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Re: Is this cloud storage practically usefull?

@Bilal I believe that @shimondas has addressed your issue here: http://community.nextbit.com/t5/India/Is-this-cloud-storage-practically-usefull/m-p/26906#M401

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
Rebel 2.8

Well, in other countries there are no major problems with internet connection. In these countries, the cloud storage IS usefull.

Rebel 2.8

That's a fair question.

Even with good Wifi here in Canada, it's still a bit of a gimmick; Google Drive always worked well enough for my needs, and where I really do need to access a huge library of data (e.g. music collection, or video documention at workplace), 100 GB is nowhere near enough. 

So it definitely wasn't a big selling point for me, but now that I'm using it, the nextbit syncing seems pretty smooth, so  I can definitely see this leading somewhere useful....

Rebel 3.0

I definitely see a need for further extrapolation of the cloud storage's capabilities. The current system is very clunky in real world use for apps, although pictures are smoothly restored. Also, the lack of fine grain control over the storage (or the ability to actually use it as a true file system and add arbitrary files is a limitation). Lastly, if you live in a country with poor internet access, why the actual **** would you buy a device that is designed explicitly for an internet based experience, and then complain that the device works as designed?
Rebel 3.2

I've benefitted from it already - by accident. 

I bought a midnight Robin but had to return it due to a defect. As soon as I logged into my replacement (Mint this time!) all of my apps were ready and waiting for download. Google obviously offer this when you sign into new devices but from my experience (and that's a lot!), the google restore is really not that great, and doesn't restore anywhere near as much as the Nextbit restore does.

Also great for photos and things. I've transfered 13ish gb photos and videos from my previous device and it's nice to have those already uploaded to the cloud and deleted from my device.

twitter.com/dnlkbox