What/Which phones did you ditch for NextBit Robin?

Rebel 3.2

Re: What/Which phones did you ditch from NextBit Robin?

While I don't deny that higher specs are attractive to any customer... I feel companies like Apple have proved that specs don't always count.. I Phone 7 is a beast and will smoke any android flagship although it's has a lower clocked processor and less ram but I think no device is complete without equal optimization from the software.. Here I think nextbit can truely shine because they have a way with their software.. Things are pretty awesome when it comes to the nextbit software area
Rebel on the Rise Rebel on the Rise

Re: What/Which phones did you ditch for NextBit Robin?

Technically, I left 3 phones for the Robin. The original replacement was for the LG G4. That was great, but a bit buggy. 

Then I purchased the HTC 10,didnt or the camera after the update and the battery life was meh. I was super disappointed in the Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 speeds, it actually performed slower than the 2.0 version. I was also disappointed USB-C rapid charging didn't work, though it's been said that it's unsafe to have both technologies. The HTC 10 went instantly. 

Last was the OnePlus 3. I bought that after the HTC 10. There was actually nothing wrong with the OnePlus 3. It was pretty much perfect. I sold it because I wanted a little extra cash for the Robin Successor because Im excited for Nextbit and the software focus. I think that's super exciting and efficient. I also believe they are a company that listens to customers, and can build a great phone like the sub $400 smartphones (OnePlus 3, ZenFone 3, Honor 8 ,ZTE Axon 8),but betrer with their software focus.  So yeah, I sold it for extra cushion for the Robin successor because I believe in Nextbit's future. 

Signature Fonts

Forgot to say at the time when I carried both the OnePlus 3 and Nextbit Robin, they were both kinda primary drivers.  Admittedly I used the OnePlus 3 more because the camera was better. Their DASH charging technology was also super outstanding, and battery life was exceptional. 

Signature Fonts
Rebel 3.2

Yeah one plus has over 3 generations of phones managed to make the most of their hardware and software integration.. I feel nextbit will as well as we progress into the future... Maybe the next nextbit ditches the current Samsung camera sensor for a more solid camera experience.. The one plus 3 does currently have the better camera.. But software upgrades to this one should make it equally enjoyable

Agreed. It may not have necessarily been the fact that it's a Samsung Camera Sensor per se, it could've just been it wasn't one of the better ones. Samsung is really great when it comes to imaging.

Honestly,I feel like once Nextbit releases a smartphone with a better camera sensor, and optimized the software for the best image processing (which I know they've done for this Robin) and software features for the camera app, they'll be able to appeal to a lot consumers. I know many people that would buy the Nextbit Robin in a heartbeat, but just want better quality from the camera. Being a smartphone and photography enthusiast, I know it's the sensor that is the problem. It's not a horrible camera though.

I do believe the software is what makes Nextbit stand out from everyone else, and will really be a huge factor in their successes in the future. @dhanajit_ray

Signature Fonts
Rebel 2.6

Came from an LG G2 running CM, while the screen sizes are the same, I sure miss those back mounted buttons
Rebel 3.2

@ellectriknightI completely agree with you. I didn't mean that Samsung makes bad sensors, for example the cameras on the s7 and s7 edge are probably the best out there today. However, if one was to look at lower end and mid range Samsung devices, their cameras pale in comparison to say, their counterparts by Sony. So it's clear that nextbit went in with a mid range sensor. But at the same time I feel that software upgrades to the camera can make it a solid performer. In fact, already the Robin beats a lot of mid ranger smartphones, however, there's definitely room for improvement there. Otherwise the phone is pretty unbeatable at the $299 price point and I heard it even came down to $199 recently.
Rebel 3.2

She won't ditch her phone, but last night I showed a pic of the Robin to my Mum. She said she is in love Heart My mum is in her late 60s and has never had a smartphone that is not an iPhone. She has no idea how to use Android and would never use an Android phone, but she couldn't help but fall in love with how gorgeous Robin looks! Sealed my decision to buy the phone!!

Gotcha.

I agree with that, though I haven't really had a mid-ranger in a while to necessarily compare, lol.

Yeah, I don't think Samsung makes the best mid-rangers. From what I can understand, they really care more about their high-end.

I feel like Motorola is best in displaying the best performance all across the board of their tiers. My grandma had a Motorola G, and I absolutely loved it, the camera, the design, the size, the performance. I think Motorola is one that cares more about their full range. Then again, I think Motorola has specialized in budget-friendly smartphones over the last few years. Their Z line is their reintroduction into the higher-end tier.

@dhanajit_ray

Signature Fonts

That's cool.

I've had many people ask me about my Robin, a worker at Wendy's, a deli clerk at a grocery store, a few students and research and writing consultants at my school. The appeal of the design is infectious. @jasonbereklewis

Signature Fonts