You & Your Robin

Rebel 3.0

You & Your Robin

Hi All!

I will be soon switching from Windows 10 Phone to Robin.
Please help me confirm about my decision.

You all just need to write following simple things:

1. Date of Purchase of Your Robin-
2. Battery lasted then on normal usage-
3. Battery lasting now on normal usage-

My Windows phone battery still lasts for full day once charged in morning that too after 2 years.
In this full day I access my emails, calls,WhatsApp, Facebook etc.

Your replies' will make the scene clearer in order to purchase Robin.

Thanks!
11 REPLIES
Rebel 3.0

Re: You & Your Robin

Hi

Awaiting replies'

Kindly help me to decide my next mobile
Rebel 3.0

Just got my Robin literally yesterday. Loving it. Battery life is 4.8 hours SOT with relatively clean standby. Brightness was at 10% due to personal preference. I don't expect much to change aside from capping at 4 hours SOT when the battery starts wearing down. Also I am not using the cellular radio so my battery figures could be a bit higher than normal. I can't say. What I can say is the community seems to be divided on whether the battery life is good. I would say I'm happily on the side that is relatively content with the performance of their device. If this is your first time with android you will be pretty happy (although I highly recommend switching launchers as the default one is not really representative of a normal android experience IMO. Otherwise it's a great first device.
Rebel 3.0

Thanks for revert...

Only 4 hours ???
You meant it lasts 4 hrs on all time continuous usage or otherwise ???
Rebel 3.0

I get similar - 4 hours of Screen on Time.

To answer your question, yeah they mean use with the screen on. So actively using the phone rather than leaving it locked.

I unplug my Robin at 7am every morning, get about 2.5 hours SoT and finish the day with 20% or so. It's definitely a charge every day device, but what phone isn't.

Tldr - you can sit and use it for 4 hours or so none stop. Or use it normally for a full day.
Rebel 3.2

I am a power user I use the following applications constantly, Most are open all the time…

Gmail

Microsoft outlook

Microsoft word

Microsoft excel

skype for business

noaa weather

alarm dot com

TeamViewer - remote software tool

Microsoft rdp client

vpn connection tool - any connect

camera

rsa token code generator

speedtest.net

Time Warner Cable tools

tethering

I got about 4hrs max before I would have to plug it in.. You want to make sure you get one that is from a newer batch instead of the older batches. I unfortunately got 2 from early batches and both had major issues. I am waiting for a 3rd. Hope this helps 

Rebel 3.0

Thanks a lot!
That was so useful info.
Rebel 3.0

Thanks!
Actually I am waiting till 27 Feb...they may announce something new at Mobile World Congress 2017.
Rebel 2.6

1. Date of Purchase of Your Robin- January 16th
2. Battery lasted then on normal usage- 3/4 of a day
3. Battery lasting now on normal usage- 3/4 of a day

The Battery would last me 3 quarters of a day, and since the phone charges so fast, my phone has never died once!

Rebel 3.0

Thanks for reply!
That means we can use it full working day without charging it once charged in morning.
Great!