Apps after restoring from Smart storage doesn't go into folders

Rebel 3.2

Apps after restoring from Smart storage doesn't go into folders

@Khang, apps that are restored back from Smart Storage doesn't remember the group or folders it belongs to. The apps that were grouped in a specific folder, if backed up and restored, doesn't get restored to the same folder. They are shown outside the folder. This is a big inconvenience as we need to rearrange all apps back into respective folders. Could you please look into that.

I am using Nova Luancher. Not sure if the same happens with Nextbit launcher.

7 REPLIES
Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

Re: Apps after restoring from Smart storage doesn't go into folders

Interesting. I will look into this for you!

#NextNow
Rebel 3.2

This is normal, hopefully there can be a fix soon. I've been running the Robin software and have run into the same problem a bunch of times. It will happen, launchers have nothing to do with it, its some bug most likely.

Rebel 3.2

@Khang, were you able to look into this. Is this a bug ?

Rebel 2.8

Noticed this today as I wanted to see the smart storage feature work, so I just started downloading a bunch of stuff. Oddly enough, some items that were backed up were taken out of their designated folders while a few others stayed in their folders. Seems like a bug. Would be nice if the apps stayed within the folders they were assigned to.

@Khang any news on this?

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

Yeah our team is looking into this. If it is a bug, then we'll drop it into our "needs to fix" bucket Smiley Tongue

#NextNow
Rebel 3.2

@Khang, did you hear back from team on status of this behavior ?

Rebel 2.8

Hi @ozuiko, I'm also using Nova Launcher. I use Nova's Backup & import feature to keep everything nicely organized.

Once you have it sorted how you like, save the backup (Nova Settings->Backup & import settings>Backup), then you can restore to the backup if/when smart storage messes with your layout!

Submit a support ticket here