Apps are not going to cloud

Rebel 2.6

Apps are not going to cloud

I've been to
Using next but from quite a while now and it seems that no app has become colourless till now ... it means no apps have been put it into cloud for more storage .. and widgets are not appearing ..
21 REPLIES
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Re: Apps are not going to cloud

Hey there!

Apps only back up to the cloud when you begin to run out of storage! How much storage do you have left on your phone? (Internal Storage).

To use widgets if your using the Nextbit home launcher please follow these steps:

Pinch in on the home screen. Another screen should appear.
Hold your finger down on this screen and the widgets list will appear
Place your widgets on this screen

Widgets cannot be placrd on the same screen as apps if you are using Nextbit home. They are on a separate screen!

Darragh
Want to be part of the team? Find out how: https://programs.nextbit.com.
Rebel 2.6

Hey thanks a lot !!! It worked thanks again ..
Rebel 2.6

Can I have a video attach
Rebel 2.6

How to move apps, gallery's etc. From memory to cloud.. I have updated twice... Need help

@Ringaning this will be a long post, but i hope it helps answer your questions.

Apps to the cloud:

At this point of time you cannot force the apps to be uploaded to cloud, BUT:

1. When you are close to maxing out space on your phone the apps you use least will be automatically offloaded from the phone and the icon will turn grey (you will have to tap to re download it to use it).

2. If your worry is just wanting to back up your app in case (touch wood!) something happens to your phone and you still want your apps to automatically populate your new phone, don't worry, the apps are automatically every now and then backed up.

Please note it means only the app and not the data that is backed up, meaning that, for example, if it is a game app that is being backed up, the app itself gets backed up but not the game levels, if it is stored within the phone. This is due to PDPA and privacy laws.

Photos to Cloud:

Again, the os will automatically push photos to cloud once you are close to using up all your space (if you have not configured this, it means it will upload when you are charging and connected to wifi). But that said, you can, if you really want to, force photos up to the cloud and leave thumbnail sized photos in your robin:

• Go to the Nextbit Gallery App Cover art
  • Click the 3 lines next to the word "Album"
  • Right at the bottom of the menu that should pop up, you should see the word "Settings" in grey. Click that
  • Click "Smart storage"
  • The 5th option on that page will say "sync now". Click "Sync now". It should sync immediately if you are connected to WIFI and Charging (if that was what your options were).

Hope it helps

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
Rebel 2.6

Thank you so it works..

@Ringaning  glad to hear that! Smiley Happy

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
dnr
Rebel 3.0

Just tried doing this. It didn't have the option, but I took it off "while charging only."
Rebel 2.6

Same with mine.do not have the "sync now" option.please advise.