Back LEDs lighting randomly

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rebel 2.6

Back LEDs lighting randomly

Hi guys,

I've looked around but can't seem to find an answer for this.

I haven't changed the default smart storage settings, so it backs up on Wi-Fi and when connected to a power source.

I have however noticed that my robin will sometimes randomly get hot and the back LEDs start lighting up randomly for ten minutes or so. Things then go back to normal.

I've double checked the settings and have rebooted, but this will again sporadically happen every couple of days.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on?

5 REPLIES
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Re: Back LEDs lighting randomly

Does it happen after doing things like installing a new app or taking a picture?

D
Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!
Rebel 2.6

Not that I can tell. Its very sporadic and doesn't seem to affect performance or battery life. I'm wondering if it's just part of the back up process which continues after I've unplugged it, even though it can happen at any time. 

I need to emphasize that it doesn't bother me or cause problems, its just that its very random. Was wondering if there was an explanation for it.

Rebel 2.8

It just happen to me that the rear led's were staying on after the update of Nextbit Smart Storage app. The light were on while unplugged seconds after the update. A reboot seems to fix things,

Rebel 2.6

I think you're right. When the smart storage app updates there's a little light show, and the app update happens according to the play store settings. The heating up is a little bit of a concern but as I mentioned, there are no performance issues with this.

Thanks for the help

Rebel 3.0

@Superdez I just saw this last night when the phone wasn't archiving anything (I set archive to only happen when plugged in), and I realised it might be because it was notifying me of a June firmware update...so I checked, et voila there the June update was in all its glory.

The likes of @Khang et al can confirm this (i.e., whether the back lights light up to announce an update availability), and if that is indeed the case: AWESOME! I love that idea; the pretty lights twinkling when there's an update to be had is like a geeky Christmas coming early every month (and - I suppose - right on time in December).