Cloud Storage does not work !! Please help !

Rebel 3.0

Cloud Storage does not work !! Please help !

My cloud storage does not seems to work. For the past 1 week since i got the phone nothing was backup. and after a reboot . sign in and sign out from the cloud storage account. all the app I uninstall end of being backup..

and i cannot seems to get rid of them. I uninstall them for both the phone and the cloud storage option menu. But after sign in and sign out from the cloud storage account, those uninstalled app is back again... 

I even put file to my phone to the point with only 2.1GB left. still no app is being backup

Any idea. thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Re: Cloud Storage does not work !! Please help !

Hang tight @sshen1127

I have gone ahead and escalated this with the Nextbit Employees.

I do not work for Nextbit; I am an expert on the product though. PM if needed.

Contact me through PM if I am needed.

[ Edited ]

Hey there,

Yes there is currently an issue where you select to uninstall an app from cloud storage but it actually doesn't. The nextbit team knows about this issue and are currently working on it!

Hope I helped!

EDIT: Just saw the issue where you cant back up apps. Please follow these steps where you will be able to back them up manually : 

1. Go into settings --> Smart Storage

2. Press the 3 dots in the top right and press options

3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and keep tapping version number until it says debug mode enabled.

4. Press 'Clean Now'. That will take apps off your phone to try to make space.

P.S If you want to back ALL your apps to the cloud manually you can press clean all and that should back up all your unpinned apps. 

Let me know if this makes the automatic cloud backup work again

Darragh Smiley Happy

Want to be part of the team? Find out how: https://programs.nextbit.com.
Rebel 3.0

that anwser one of my HUGE question. thanks

do you have any idea why my app is not being backup. the only time i got things backup is when I manully backup by using (Clean All) 

By the way i did fill my phone up intentionally leave 1.2 gb . still not backup anything automantally 

Screenshot_20160517-172840.pngScreenshot_20160517-172911.pngScreenshot_20160517-173034.png

The 5 app show here is the one i manully backup before.

Hm.. so just to confirm, manually backing up worked? Also try turning on only backup when on wifi and charging incase it may be a bug of some sort.

Darragh

Want to be part of the team? Find out how: https://programs.nextbit.com.
Rebel 3.0

Yes. When I did a clean all. it backup worked ( because my phone was never backup once since i got the phone a week ago I had 10gb space at this point). So after that i manully fill my phone up with huge file leave only 1.2 GB  and after about 1 hour of waitting and play around with wifi on and off. charging not charging etc.. Automantic backup never kicks in. Is there a timer on how long does it take for the phone to start backup itself when the space is running low ?

Rebel 3.0

i just format my phone. will update on if it fix the problem.

Rebel 3.0

After the format. And restore everything from the backup. with 9GB space left. auto backup still does not seems to working, "Clean Now" Also does not seem to backup anything.

Is this because i still have 9GB left. or because there is no new app install therefor there is nothing to backup.

Rebel 3.0

I got the working now. just kept all the uninstall software robin backup and now its working.

thank you eveyone !