Deleted App keeps returning greyed out

Rebel 2.8

Deleted App keeps returning greyed out

None of my apps were offloading until the recent update. Now that's all working fine except an app I had deleted keeps appearing on my phone. 

It's a stupid game - Air Tycoon online, it appears greyed out. I click on it and it says app not installed. I reinstall it from the google play store and redelete it. Then find it back on my phone greyed out again a couple of hours later.

It may be that the app has not fully deleted - leaving files on my phone that get offloaded, otherwise it's a bug.

Any help?

5 REPLIES
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Re: Deleted App keeps returning greyed out

Hey there!

Would you mind posting some screenshots of the app and a screenshot of how full etc your smart storage is along with the breakdown of what is filling.up the smart storage? Also maybe you smart storage version number (settings - smart storage - button top right - options - scroll down till you see version number) as these might make it easier for the team to reproduce the issue!

I'll also tag @Khang as he may be able to pass this info onto the team! Smiley Happy

Darragh
Want to be part of the team? Find out how: https://programs.nextbit.com.
Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

Yeah we'll need to know:

• Smart Storage version
  • Screenshot of your memory taken up
  • Have you factory reset your device at all? 
  • You should be able to uninstall the shadow app before downloading again and then uninstalling

Regardless, I will forward to the team once I have more info.

#NextNow
Rebel 2.8

I have a kind of a similiar problem. I did a factory reset not long ago. And now there is a probelm with swiftkey app. When it was installed it had two icons, one normal and one greyed out. Uninstalling either one removes both. So I uninstalled it and installed again and thought that problem was gone. Now it seems that nextbit home is crashing once in a while and suddenly I have two icons of swiftkey again and the other is greyed out.

I have included screenshot of the icons and smart storage version.

Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

@kauhuk Just wanted to asked:

• Have you cleared your cache?
  • Have you cleared the smart storage cache?
  • Did you try logging out of smart storage, rebooting, logging back into smart storage?

Hopefully one of the above will solve the duplicate swiftkey icon issue? :x

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
Rebel 2.8

The issue was solved with the last update.