Managing specific apps

Rebel 3.0

Managing specific apps

Hey guys! So I seem to run into a small problem, and considering I have root I want to know if there's a way I can fix this without wiping all my data away (again!)

I seem to have Twitch as a greyed out app, and when I try to launch it it gives me "app not installed". However, if I install it from Google Play I run into two icons, one greyed out the other the regular app colour. If I try to pin the grey one it says " Cannot pin app because it is a required system app"

Now I know this isn't true, so is there some value I can edit to remove this app icon? For now, I just have it hidden away and want to remove it completely.

Fun fact: if I install Twitch and use the grey app icon it says it isn't installed but still launches the app!

Also can someone ping devs to see if this problem can be fixed? Thanks!
3 REPLIES
Rebel on the Rise Rebel on the Rise

Re: Managing specific apps

No problem! Pinging some devs: @Baymax @devin
Join the force! ->https://programs.nextbit.com/

Dancing cat approves!
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

@PhlexPlexico Can you try uninstalling the greyed out icon on the nextbit launcher by dragging it to the top? I had a similar issue happen with Facebook messenger which arose from smart storage being updated while restoring it.
Rebel 3.0

[ Edited ]

Hey @devin! Tried doing that but all it resuts in is nothing, it just zips back into the folder I have it stored in like it did nothing...