Managing the smart storage backup

Rebel 3.0

Managing the smart storage backup

Hello fellows!

I have questions regarding the smart storage.

1. How to manage the smart storage other than via phone? Like web based maybe? Since deleting 1 by 1 is kinda pain for me and since i dont use backup from google so I download directly from the smart storage and its so slow (Im from Indonesia). Ended up I do my backup using google service.

2. For the photos, it appears that its only backup the default album inside gallery. I transfered few images from my fujifilm camera via its app. It's automatically defined as "photo transfer" album and I cant move it into the default album which is its not included in smart storage backup. Is there any way for this?

3. I did a few factory reset the phone, at the setup there are backup more than 1 since I always set as a new phone. How to manage/erase those backup?

Thank you in advance.

GSM | Electric
10 REPLIES
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Re: Managing the smart storage backup

The web cloud service for managing your cloud storage will be available in the future, as they're still working on that!

D.
Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!

Also, can you explain "better" your 3rd point? I didn't really understand that.
Thanks!

D.
Rebel 3.0

Hai David,

Thanks for the reply!

Glad to hear that.

GSM | Electric
Rebel 3.0

So its like this,

I did reset(factory settings) my robin for 3 times.

As for each setup, robin will ask which backup that you want to choose along with what apps do you want to be redownload.

I always set my robin as a new phone, so i didnt restore from the previous backup. Today, when I reset my phone again, there are 3 different backup.

Shown like this:

-nipenk (today)

-nipenk (3 days ago)

-nipenk (5 days ago)

Yeah... so i want to know whether if i can delete the backups that i dont want.

Is it clear yet?

Thank you.

GSM | Electric

Those backups are made by google, and you can choose them to restore the apps you used in your last phone when setting up a new device. If you want to delete those backups, you should go to your Google Dashboards, go to where it says "Android", and you will see the backups saved for your account and your devices where those backup where made. Also there, you have a button to delete them, click on it and you're done!

https://www.google.com/settings/dashboard

D.

--------------------------------------------------------
If you need help, post it, if it's urgent, send me a PM
Please use the top search bar before posting a new thread, give kudos when a reply is helpful and be respectful with others!
Daily driver: Nexus 5

Rebel 3.0

Thanks David,

I thought its part of nextbit smart storage.

Thanks for the explain.

GSM | Electric
Rebel 3.0

@Khang question about smart storage. Is there suppose to be a notification that tells me when things are being offloaded to the cloud? like i notice the lights in the back but nothing on the phone notifies me, so im not sure whats it offloading. And also The phone doesnt have to be out of internal memory to offload to the cloud? I notice it still send my pics as back up to the cloud even while having space in the phone. Just wondering if thats what its suppose to do, because i thought the phone had to run out of space before it offload.

Rebel 2.8

I'd like to see an update to this as well.  Photo's keep uploading... and I have ZERO way to manage it.  It's almost a deal-breaking feature to not be able to manage storage.  

Rebel 2.8

I agree - the biggest flaw of this phone for me is the lack of ability to manage cloud storage. Fixing this should be a priority!