New Device; Apps Greyed and Won't Un-Grey

Rebel 2.8

New Device; Apps Greyed and Won't Un-Grey

Hello!  I had one of the first Robins, and then got another one when the price dropped.  (Thanks!)  I used Google's restore to set up the second Robin, and signed into the cloud service.

In a few cases I had a greyed-out icon and also a working icon.  I uninstalled the working icons.  For these apps, I can now tap the greyed-out icon and the app will install from the cloud.

In a few other cases, though, I had a greyed-out icon and no working icon.  For these, when I tap on the greyed-out icon, nothing happens.  The app doesn't download from the cloud; it doesn't do anything.  I also can't uninstall these — that option is missing and it just says "remove" from the homescreen.

How can I re-set these so that they download when I need them, or, alternatively, delete them so I can reinstall them?

Thanks very much.

4 REPLIES
Rebel on the Rise Rebel on the Rise

Re: New Device; Apps Greyed and Won't Un-Grey

I think that if you remove them from the home screen that'll do, then install them from Google Play or restore from Nextbit Cloud. You shouldn't have used Google Restore to set up the new handset if I'm not mistaken.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/collection/Y0E0z
Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

Yes definitely it really sucks when you have two Robins that you are logged into. It creates a funky state for your devices. 

#NextNow
Rebel 2.8

So I don't have two—only one at at time.  The old one is decommissioned and won't be coming back.  How do I fix the situation that I have?  Thanks.

Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

@shopthor Heya, sorry for the late response on this. Have you tried the below (please note that this will mess up the arrangement of your icons if you have arranged them:

1. Go to settings --> apps --> Nextbit home --> Storage --> clear cache

if that doesn't work:

2. uninstalling the nextbit launcher (launcher) in your play store, rebooting, then reinstalling the launcher again? 

Hope this helps with your issue.

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!