No access to Gallery pictures if Smart Storage access disabled

Rebel 2.8

No access to Gallery pictures if Smart Storage access disabled

[ Edited ]

Why I cannot access my Gallery pictures if I don't give permission access to my storage for Smart Storage app?

Pictures taken are saved in internal storage right? I know that I can disable settings of cloud backup in smart storage but I still dont want smart storage access to my internal storage.

6 REPLIES
Rebel 3.0

Re: No access to Gallery pictures if Smart Storage access disabled

If you really want to not use smart storage, you can just download another gallery. Gallery and smart storage are very intertwined.
Rebel 2.8

[ Edited ]

well, I am hoping nextbit would address it. You're solution is already true for everything I am doing. For example, no music player for nextbit but you can download another app. That would be OK for this case. But for gallery, it wont be since there's no way to uninstall the gallery app from nextbit. Not to mention that if you do not use the smart cloud, you still get the gallery for your videos. For 32 gig memory and without using the cloud, I would like to get rid of the redundant apps as much as I can to free up some space. It should not be difficult to have smart storage and gallery app separated. Not to mention that I am suprise the cloud LED's turn on when smart stoage saving option is disabled in my case. Wondering what nextbit was doing there 

Rebel 3.0

It is the way that smart storage works. When it archives smart storage maintains the thumbnail of the picture and then pulls the full version from smart storage if you pinch and zoom. That is built fairly deeply into the system. The reason videos don't work that way is because smart storage does not upload videos. Quick pic gallery on the Play Store lists its dowload size at 3.13 MB. I really don't think that is a huge burden on your storage space.

Rebel 2.8

[ Edited ]

Its funny you mention quick pic. BUT quick pic does NOT operate that way. You can still access the pic gallery without signing into their cloud system. Also, I used to own apple, Apple icloud does NOT operate that way too. Not to mention, right now you cannot even access the nextbit cloud. The only way for you to remove pictures from cloud is for you to delete is also from your phone (delete everywhere). Size is a relative term for most users. Like I said, you are telling me your preference which I already know but I am more hoping if Nextbit would address this. 

Rebel 3.0

I know that quick pic does not require an account. That is why I recomended it. But I think you are missing the point of smart storage. Smart storage is not entirely meant as a backup. It is meant as an extension of the physical storage with the phone swapping things in and out of this smart storage. That separates it from other systems like iCloud. 

Rebel 2.8

[ Edited ]

What the hell are you talking about? I dont miss anything BUT that is NOT the issue. My issue is more with Gallery not being able to use indepedently with smart storage and/or cloud. You do know that Icloud from Apple behaves the same way as smart storage but they can access the cloud and delete it indepedently. Do you actually want you're nextbit right now NOT to have the capability to delete pictures from your cloud without deleting from your phone(this is a very basic question for you. Are you fine with this as a user?). As we speak, I have more then 100 pictures in my phone right now that I may loose since there's no way for me to delete it from cloud only. And its funny that you think smart storage purpose is for phone swapping when that scenario happens only once per year or 2 years for some. Dealing with pictures is almost an everyday scenario so that capability should be there...Not to mention, for something called smart storage, having no capability to delete indepedently is NOT very smart...