Technical question about smart storage

Highlighted
Rebel 2.6

Technical question about smart storage

Does smart storage upload everything to the cloud in real time then remove/restore them as needed or upload things only when needed to save space?  Thank you. 

5 REPLIES
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Re: Technical question about smart storage

@cammykool technically the smart storage uploads photos (those in the DCIM folder) and apps that have not been used much to the cloud when space is required. But based on my experience, every now (once or twice a day; when i am connected to WIFI+power as i selected syncs to only happen then) and then, it does automatically upload photos to the cloud (you will know when this happens, as the lights under the cloud logo at the back will pulse-flash), keeping my photos safe on the cloud. If you are looking to force upload photos in your DCIM folder or apps, you can do so by going to settings --> smart storage --> the 3 dots at the top right --> Sync now (this will also archive all your apps though and you will have to tap to get them to redownload!)

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
Rebel 2.6

That's interesting. Thank you! I just got my Robin and I am loving it. I just wondered how that worked.
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

@cammykool happy to help! Enjoy your robin! I know i have been enjoying mine. It's been quite a number of months and i still get comments on "what phone are you using/is that?" Smiley Very Happy

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
Rebel 2.8

[ Edited ]

Actually I have seen those lights go ON eventhough I am setup only to backup in CLOUD when connected to charger ! I was not charging at that time...what was my nextbit doing?

Rebel 3.2

I dont know what your talking about under settings --> smart storage --> the 3 dots at the top right --> Sync now.. Only thing on mine is Settings