Nextbit Robin Factory Images

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

Re: Nextbit Robin Factory Images

@david - You just need to get into fastboot mode and run the "fastboot oem unlock-go" cmd first before flashing anything. The factory image post assumes that people are already unlocked. However, maybe I can edit it just to be comprehensive.

#NextNow
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Ok, thanks @Khang, just wanted users to know it. It shouldn't work if locked... Hehe good job though! Cat Happy
PS: "fastboot oem unlock" would also be ok

D
Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!
Nextbit Support Team Nextbit Support Team

[ Edited ]

david wrote:
So, @Steev, you can do "fastboot flash" in a device with the bootloader locked?
Thanks

D

@david If your flashing a recovery or an image file, you need to OEM Unlock first. There aren't many fastboot commands that don't require an OEM Unlock. Some examples would be: 

fastboot devices

fastboot reboot

Submit a support ticket here

@Steev that's what I wanted to say in my first comment. Thanks for your answer bud Smiley Wink

D
Rebel 2.6

[ Edited ]

Hi everybody,

My Robin is rooted with TWRP (Build number: 00WW_1_19E), I understood I can't install the update from OTA.

Now, I've done a nandroid backup and titanium backup, I think I have two choices:

1. Just "fastboot flash" boot.img and system.img files released by @Khang (excluding the recovery so)
  2. Flash in TWRP the zip file by Dexter (xda thread) : robin_stock_rom-6.0-00WW119F_d3Xt3r.zip

For each point: Is it working to get the new build? Which is best? Differences?

Thx

@Theugy there's no difference, just that the first choice is more... "official"?

D
Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

[ Edited ]

OP updated with lastest factory images! Smiley Happy

#NextNow
Nextbit Support Team Nextbit Support Team

Theugy wrote:

Hi everybody,

My Robin is rooted with TWRP (Build number: 00WW_1_19E), I understood I can't install the update from OTA.

Now, I've done a nandroid backup and titanium backup, I think I have two choices:

1. Just "fastboot flash" boot.img and system.img files released by @Khang (excluding the recovery so)
  2. Flash in TWRP the zip file by Dexter (xda thread) : robin_stock_rom-6.0-00WW119F_d3Xt3r.zip

For each point: Is it working to get the new build? Which is best? Differences?

Thx

@Theugy I don't think TWRP supports 6.0.1 at this time. 

Submit a support ticket here

Rebel 2.8

There's an updated version of TWRP available for Robin. Go to TWRP website, download, flash. You will then be able to easily flash the new System and Boot images. Don't forget to flash the encryption remover or you'll be toast.

Rebel 3.6

will installing these factory images also provide the latest update to Robin which was released today? camera.... sound.... etc? Because my update install failed, now my Robin will not boot at all. My bootloader is unlocked, so I want to try "flashing" these factory images.

-===(Colin Burhart Wilson)(www.KubrickStare.com)===-