Nextbit Robin Factory Images

Rebel 3.6

Re: Nextbit Robin Factory Images

Well, I have success, the factory image went on as expected, and all is up and running better than ever.... and unless I am mistaken it looks like all the Nextbit updates are in place with this image I "flashed"? I like some of the things I am seeing, I love the two click power button open camera option! I guess I will need to update this way in the future because the pushed update didn't seem to install with the boot loader unlocked.

-===(Colin Burhart Wilson)(www.KubrickStare.com)===-
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

@colinburhart did you only have the bootloader unlocked? No twrp installed? No root?
Anyway, yes, these factory images include the latest update Smiley Happy

D
Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!
Rebel 3.6

no root for sure from the launcher because i used several apps that check for root and they said no. TWRP I am not sure, how do I see if it is installed? I don't notice anything different except when I boot it says it is bootloader unlocked.

TWRP and root were only installed of you did it, if not, you were like stock.
But didn't you manually unlock, from your pc? 😕
Rebel 3.6

[ Edited ]

No, I tried using the little zip pack you supplied, but it failed to root the device, though it did unlock it.

So it didn't install twrp and didn't root either... Thanks Colin, will try to figure out why does that happen!

D
Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

@colinburhart @david - Colin, it sounds like you just did a fresh factory image flash. You will not have TWRP (the custom recovery) installed unless you flashed it. So no need to worry. You are on a stock, unrooted, clean install of the latest factory image. Smooth sailing!

#NextNow
Rebel 3.6

Great, thanks! It is running better than ever, and I am having fun now setting it all up how I like.

Rebel 3.0

For some reason I can't get my dam fastboot drivers to take affect.....Is there a file so that I can just pick it from "have a disk"?

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

Can you explain exactly what you are experiencing?

#NextNow