Nextbit Robin Factory Images

Rebel 2.8

Re: Nextbit Robin Factory Images

Khang - Yes. My laptop is unable to detect the phone when in fastboot mode. It works fine in adb.

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

anshuljain wrote:

Khang - Yes. My laptop is unable to detect the phone when in fastboot mode. It works fine in adb.

Type: fastboot -i 0x2c3f getvar all

This should pull your S/N and you should be able to execute fastboot commands.

#NextNow
Rebel 3.2

[ Edited ]

Yes @Khang, I flashed the following:

fastboot -i 0x2c3f flash recovery recovery.img (worked)

fastboot -i 0x2c3f flash boot boot.img (worked)

Tried Simu flash system system.img but it says 'Simu' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file, so I tried fastboot -i 0x2c3f flash system system.img and it's been there for like 30 mins now.(sending segment 1 of 'system' (2475972 KB)...)

Have also tried different USB ports.

Mint Condition
Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

Miry wrote:

Yes @Khang, I flashed the following:

fastboot -i 0x2c3f flash recovery recovery.img (worked)

fastboot -i 0x2c3f flash boot boot.img (worked)

Tried Simu flash system system.img but it says 'Simu' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file, so I tried fastboot -i 0x2c3f flash system system.img and it's been there for like 30 mins now.(sending segment 1 of 'system' (2475972 KB)...)

Have also tried different USB ports.

Hi @Miry - Try "fastboot -i 0x2c3f simu_flash system system.img"

#NextNow
Rebel 3.2

I Finally managed to flash everything but... It keeps bootlooping haha seems like there's no way out! @Khang

Mint Condition
Rebel 2.8

The get var all command works, but I cannot execute the fastboot -i 0x2c3f command!
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

@Miry @anshuljain if you guys are still having the bootloop issue, you should try the fix @Khang posted some days ago here: https://community.nextbit.com/t5/Tools/Unbrick-Tool-for-Mac-and-Windows/m-p/21691#U21691

D
Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!
Rebel 2.8

@david, thanks! Too late, I turned in the bootloop phone over to Flipkart and they replaced it with a new one. After all that experience, I am afraid to root the phone now!
Rebel 3.2

[ Edited ]

Yeah I had to turn it over too @david, I needed a MAC to try the tool, since the one for PC didn't work, and I don't currently know anyone with one Smiley Sad

I'm currently waiting for a replacement. Thanks, though!

Mint Condition
Rebel 3.0

So aside from the took @Khang released a few days ago is there any known issue down to the nitty gritty as to why it's boot looping rooted phones? If I have to I'll flash back to complete stock, recovery and all if it avoids these things from happening. Or is it too late? If I flash stock everything over and factory reset, will I run into any issues? I just don't want to lose data on my phone is all.