Nextbit Robin Factory Images

Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Re: Nextbit Robin Factory Images

@PhlexPlexico in this case, it was no root but the OTA guilty of causing the bootloop in the Robin. If you install every as factory, with the tool Khang posted, you'll be done. You can install root then if you want too. But never, NEVER, try to update via OTA if you're rooted,

D
Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!
Rebel 3.0

Oh awesome, and by that tool you mean the tool posted a few days ago? What about fastboot? Would that work as well? Since I don't have a Mac and all...

@PhlexPlexico it depends. Sometimes a bootloop solves installing factory images (fastboot method9. However, other times, like the bootloop caused by the June update, needs to be fixed via the other tool. If you are in that situation and don't have a Mac machine, contact support to get a RMA here: https://help.nextbit.com/hc/en-us
(Instead of a Mac machine, you can also use a virtual machine, it worked for me, but it's easier to get a replacement device)

D
Rebel 3.0

Your instructions are for Windows and OS X. The included fastboot and flash-all.sh don't work in Debian Linux. Flashing system.img, boot.img, and recovery.img in TWRP followed by formatting the data partition worked, but...

Android and Linux are pretty much best buds. Would you consider making this procedure ever so slightly more universal by including a generic Linux flash-all script as well?

Hi @ToHellWithGA, I agree with you and I would like to see this script for LInux, so we can flash factory images there. Maybe you want to say this in the community wishlist. Team takes a look there all the time looking for suggestions from the community, so maybe it would be helpful.

D
Rebel 2.8

[ Edited ]
How to update my rooted Nextbit???

@saif01212 I'd recommend you to install factory images from zero.

D
Rebel 2.8

How??

Or only follow the steps of this post??

Just download the 1450.zip file, extract the fies inside it and run the flash-all.bat if you're on Windows or the flash-all.sh if you're on Mac OS

D
Rebel 2.8

@david I tried to update like you said but it's not working...

It's showing something like
partition transfer-(34 kb)
Okay,
Sbli transfer -(437kb)
Okay

And didn't show anything after this...

Help me please