Robin USB drivers

Rebel 2.8

Re: Robin USB drivers

Hi, I need assistance. When I connect my phone to my windows 10 computer I get an error message that states,"unknown USB device(device descriptor request failed). What does this mean.

Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

@Softech7 

Have you tried this hack yet? Smiley Happy

MintyNinja wrote:

I was also having problems getting my lovely robin to work with my Windows 10 pc, ( could not install the driver, error message saying: "....... music_android_usb.inf fail. element not found " )

So I tried right clicking on the driver, clicked on properties, clicked compatability tab, ticked the "Run this program in compatability mode for" with the option "previous versions of windows" (that was my only choice)

and the installation went through!

Hope this helps anyone else with the same error message! 

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
Rebel 3.0

For those of you who aren't still able to get this to work on Windows 10. Do the following - 

1) Settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery -> Advanced Startup -> Restart Now -> Troubleshoot -> Startup Settings -> Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.

2) System will boot.

3) Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Nextbit\Phone Nextbit USB Driver\Win64

4) Right Click the .inf file and click Install.

If it still does not work. 

With the phone still connected.

Pull the drop down notifications menu -> USB Mode -> Picture Transfer -> wait 1 minute -> Pull the drop down notifications menu -> USB Mode -> File Transfer.

Congratulations your Robin now works fine.

Rebel 2.6

Tried to install this driver but it failed.I also tried that mintyninja's hack but that too is not working.

@Sharvik have you tried using it even without installing the driver? Smiley Happy Sometimes it just works without the driver

Have what it takes to be part of our squad? Find out here || Happy to help POLITE & CONSIDERATE people when I can Smiley Very Happy!
Rebel 2.6

Noo.. I tried restoring my computer though and now it's working🙄😀

@Sharvik YAY! glad to hear that! Smiley Very Happy

Rebel 2.6

HI,

I have ordered a qualcom quick charge 2.0 adapter but it was showing slow charging even with that. Then i connected my nextbit robin to my laptop to transfer  media but then again my robin just starts charging directly, but it worked perfectly fine few days ago. It does not ask anything in the pull down notification bar. Tried disabling USB debugging in developers menu also. selected MTP but still didn't worked for me. Even did a factory reset but again same thing robin starts charging when connected to PC but my PC does not detect it. 

Rebel 3.0

Rebel 1.2

No matter what I do or try to do the drivers aren't be recognized! It says the drivers are installed but the adb doesn't recognize it either! I'm lost and don't know what to do